Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

International transfers BA to 6E at MAA and 6E to BA at DEL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2019, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club

Two friends are using a 241 for their honeymoon in Sri Lanka flying via Chennai and New Delhi using 6E (Indigo) to get to and from Columbo.

Any tips for transfering BA to 6E at MAA and 6E to BA at DEL? Am I correct in thinking that they will NOT need any form of transit visa?

I am fully aware that on the outbound at least BA will not check their bags through, are 6E more flexible with checked bags?
Old Mar 1, 2019, 9:43 am

Programs: BA Silver, Virgin Gold
Originally Posted by johnaalex
Two friends are using a 241 for their honeymoon in Sri Lanka flying via Chennai and New Delhi using 6E (Indigo) to get to and from Columbo.

Any tips for transfering BA to 6E at MAA and 6E to BA at DEL? Am I correct in thinking that they will NOT need any form of transit visa?

I am fully aware that on the outbound at least BA will not check their bags through, are 6E more flexible with checked bags?
If not on 1 ticket they will need to go through immigration and collect bags and re check. They will therefore need an indian visa
Old Mar 1, 2019, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by London21
If not on 1 ticket they will need to go through immigration and collect bags and re check. They will therefore need an indian visa
Thanks for this.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 9:59 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
I am fully aware that on the outbound at least BA will not check their bags through
Meaning they will need a visa to go through immigration, collect the bags and check back in. Double entry visa to be safe for the return in case Indigo also refuses to check through,.
johnaalex likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Just noticed the return flight is AI to BA, don't suppose Air India interline with BA???
Old Mar 1, 2019, 11:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Just noticed the return flight is AI to BA, don't suppose Air India interline with BA???
Cannot see AI interline with BA. AI are Star Alliance. If the flights were on Sri Lankan rather than Indigo or AI then the interlining may have worked.
johnaalex likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 3:00 am

Originally Posted by nivsy
Cannot see AI interline with BA. AI are Star Alliance. If the flights were on Sri Lankan rather than Indigo or AI then the interlining may have worked.
AI do have an interline agreement with BA. But given this is separate tickets, check-through will probably be refused.
johnaalex likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 7:10 am

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
Sorry to be pedantic but just to confirm with similar but different situation. Coming into Delhi from Kathmandu on Indigo (into Terminal 2) and leaving later (less than 24 hours) on BA from Terminal 3. Will be on separate tickets and therefore assume I will need to get a Transit Visa ?

On another point, have read that a transit visa is only valid for 15 days from Issuance. If I am trekking in Nepal for 2-3 weeks, how am I supposed to get a transit visa as will not be able to get one before I go. Will I just have to apply for a normal Indian Tourist Visa before I leave (which I assume I can use for the purpose of a transit ?)

Are the rules the same for an EU and USA passport holders ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.