Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

A recipe for confusion in Athens (2 flights, same times)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A recipe for confusion in Athens (2 flights, same times)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2019, 3:39 pm

Programs: BA Silver
NCE is certainly confusing with near simultaneous flights to LHR and LGW from gates about 10 feet apart, but more so for pax when booking. Some friends only discovered while abroad that they had booked an outgoing flight from LHR but a return to LGW. Car was parked at LHR of course.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by chongcao
Thank you for your detailed explanation. Now what if we now add landing charge and gate charges in both airport? [I know I am going way over the point, just curiosity kills a cat!]
Charges at airports and en route ATC are generally per ton based on maximum take off weight so 247t for a 777 and 74.5t times 2 for the A320s.

HIDDY likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 1:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold (OW Sapphire), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
Had similar in DOH last year where they have 3 BKK flights leaving within 30mins of each other. At least they had the decency to have them on next door gates to one another, but still confusion reigned!
Old Feb 28, 2019, 4:46 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Spare a thought for the ground staff of Menzies at EDI. A few years ago they had to handle, within 30 minutes, two LCY services, a LGW and two LHR flights, one of which was a 767 and the other a 321.

It was rescheduled after 2 weeks.
Looks like BA are gonna try and test them again at the start of the S19 schedule. This time they have on a Thursday 3 LHR and 1 LCY departures in just 25 mins,

17:30 BA1455 LHR
17:35 BA1433 LHR
17:40 BA8709 LCY
17:55 BA1437 LHR

EDIwanderer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.