Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tips for Avios eStore crediting

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2019, 6:56 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Spent some money with TM Lewin yesterday and got 200 avios, had an email confirmation from the e store then. If i’ve had that email, should i be getting them with no issues then?
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bmibaby737
Spent some money with TM Lewin yesterday and got 200 avios, had an email confirmation from the e store then. If i’ve had that email, should i be getting them with no issues then?
Judging, by one of my more recent shopping events they seem to be getting better. I feel they should go in okay, but keep all documents.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bigwalrus
I've heard of this on other cash back sites like Quidco and Topcashback.

Allegedly, you order online then go to pick up from the shop. The guys in the shop are measured on their volume of sales, so they cancel your order and book it as their own sale. End result is the cashback fails the verification check and never gets paid.

Impossible to prove either way when it gets to a dispute, buts I've probably had a 10% success rate with Curry's. Something is definitely dodgy there.
I havent heard this, but my only purchase from currys didnt go through and I needed to send a copy of receipt.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by bmibaby737
The email confirmations seem to be a fairly new thing, starting only around Feb 25 or thereabouts.

The email just means the click tracked correctly, and the Avios are now pending. It can be up to 60 days for the Avios to actually be credited, and at any point in this stage the retailer could refuse the Avios, if for example, you returned the product, your payment was declined, you used a voucher code, something along the way didn't track correctly, the retailer just didn't feel like it, Saturn wasn't in alignment, Moloch hadn't received enough blood sacrifice, or some other equally reasonable rationale.

Even if you receive the Avios after 60 days, you're still not out of the woods yet. I had my transaction fully approved and the Avios deposited in my account, and then taken away a month later, with no warning, explanation or email; and, as I now have learnt, no recourse. There are anecdotes here from people who had their Avios stolen back by the eStore even a whole year after purchase.

So the fact that they've started sending email confirmations certainly is a welcome improvement, but it does not in any way mean your reward is set in stone. Keep receipts. Take screenshots. Hope for the best.
bmibaby737 likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by groenroos
The email confirmations seem to be a fairly new thing, starting only around Feb 25 or thereabouts.

The email just means the click tracked correctly, and the Avios are now pending. It can be up to 60 days for the Avios to actually be credited, and at any point in this stage the retailer could refuse the Avios, if for example, you returned the product, your payment was declined, you used a voucher code, something along the way didn't track correctly, the retailer just didn't feel like it, Saturn wasn't in alignment, Moloch hadn't received enough blood sacrifice, or some other equally reasonable rationale.

Even if you receive the Avios after 60 days, you're still not out of the woods yet. I had my transaction fully approved and the Avios deposited in my account, and then taken away a month later, with no warning, explanation or email; and, as I now have learnt, no recourse. There are anecdotes here from people who had their Avios stolen back by the eStore even a whole year after purchase.

So the fact that they've started sending email confirmations certainly is a welcome improvement, but it does not in any way mean your reward is set in stone. Keep receipts. Take screenshots. Hope for the best.
WHen there was two schemes, aviois and BA estore. Avios always sent emails on shopping.

As for support I think there is only one man doing the work.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:33 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
Originally Posted by groenroos
... Even if you receive the Avios after 60 days, you're still not out of the woods yet. I had my transaction fully approved and the Avios deposited in my account, and then taken away a month later, with no warning, explanation or email; and, as I now have learnt, no recourse. There are anecdotes here from people who had their Avios stolen back by the eStore even a whole year after purchase...
I had a reversal in 2018 from Simply Electricals, 2 years and 4 months from its initial purchase.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 8:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by rjn21
I had a reversal in 2018 from Simply Electricals, 2 years and 4 months from its initial purchase.
That's just... yeah. It seems like the eStore is just going out of their way to stick it to their customers. Hope it wasn't a massive amount of Avios!
Old Mar 9, 2019, 2:55 pm

Does anyone have any experience with Holland & Barrett? I've now had two reversals from them 3 months after being awarded the Avios, and am wondering if it's another one of those stores that seem to do this frequently. ��
Old Feb 23, 2020, 4:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold * Alliance Gold IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Xmikain
Does anyone have any experience with Holland & Barrett? I've now had two reversals from them 3 months after being awarded the Avios, and am wondering if it's another one of those stores that seem to do this frequently. ��
sometimes they post quickly and sometimes they take months to post in my experience, to be fair previous post say it’s a lottery, I think it’s the worst part of BA. They are so frustrating and never answer your questions directly just phone you off then ignore you. At least flight Avios post with reasonable Success .
Old Aug 20, 2020, 1:41 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Can anyone confirm that booking an IHG hotel room via the eStore still earns IHG Reward points?

(Stupidly) I haven't used the eStore much and I'm a little worried that I will not be eligible for points booking via BA's portal.
Old Aug 20, 2020, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by headingwest
Can anyone confirm that booking an IHG hotel room via the eStore still earns IHG Reward points?

(Stupidly) I haven't used the eStore much and I'm a little worried that I will not be eligible for points booking via BA's portal.
Are you sure IHG is still there? It wasn't when I last looked, neither was Hilton.
But, yes, if it's there and the eStore link is for the IHG website (and not to a third party booking site) then you will get IHG points and status benefits.
Old Aug 20, 2020, 2:42 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by layz
Are you sure IHG is still there? It wasn't when I last looked, neither was Hilton.
But, yes, if it's there and the eStore link is for the IHG website (and not to a third party booking site) then you will get IHG points and status benefits.
Yes, 3 Avios for each £1 spent.

Brilliant. Thanks for confirming layz, much appreciated.
Old Aug 20, 2020, 2:54 am

I booked and stayed at IHG last month thru estore and the avios are listed as pending.
headingwest likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2020, 3:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Hilton Gold, Nordic Choice Gold
My strategy is to use TopCashback for most things and then only the BA e-store for those retailers that do not appear on TCB. I have a seperate browser on my laptop for when I am doing an online purchase to maximise the chance of the purchase tracking. Even then you are always reliant on things working ok at the other end (I don't ever rely on TCB's special deals awarding the extra money due).

Hilton in particular has been very much hit and miss on the e-store in terms of tracking but when it works there is a nice multiple dip on a short stay (around 9% in avios plus HHonors points plus whatever the Hilton promo offer is plus free gold breakfast plus welcome drink). I think a night in the Doubletree Manchester last year effectively cost me about £25.
Old Aug 20, 2020, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)

Great, IHG is back. Still can't see Hilton, hope it returns too.

Last time I booked a Crowne Plaza on the eStore the Avios arrived a year late but they were 5x the amount I was expecting so I treat the eStore as a nice surprise when it works. I've made decent points out of both IHG and Hilton but no it's not the most reliable thing.

OT: I seem to be IHG Platinum for life. I'm not sure if such a status even exists, but I used to stay a lot in IHG properties between 2006 and 2012 (back then there was no Spire level) I was Royal Ambassador (an invite only level above Ambassador for those who stay a lot in IC properties) for most of that time. I lost Royal Ambassador when different travel patterns meant I was staying in cities without an IC, but my platinum status has stuck. I thought by now it would have dropped.
headingwest likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.