FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tips for Avios eStore crediting
View Single Post
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:27 am
origin
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by groenroos
The email confirmations seem to be a fairly new thing, starting only around Feb 25 or thereabouts.

The email just means the click tracked correctly, and the Avios are now pending. It can be up to 60 days for the Avios to actually be credited, and at any point in this stage the retailer could refuse the Avios, if for example, you returned the product, your payment was declined, you used a voucher code, something along the way didn't track correctly, the retailer just didn't feel like it, Saturn wasn't in alignment, Moloch hadn't received enough blood sacrifice, or some other equally reasonable rationale.

Even if you receive the Avios after 60 days, you're still not out of the woods yet. I had my transaction fully approved and the Avios deposited in my account, and then taken away a month later, with no warning, explanation or email; and, as I now have learnt, no recourse. There are anecdotes here from people who had their Avios stolen back by the eStore even a whole year after purchase.

So the fact that they've started sending email confirmations certainly is a welcome improvement, but it does not in any way mean your reward is set in stone. Keep receipts. Take screenshots. Hope for the best.
WHen there was two schemes, aviois and BA estore. Avios always sent emails on shopping.

As for support I think there is only one man doing the work.