Search

UUA American PE booked on BA.COM

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2019, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
UUA American PE booked on BA.COM

Hi all,

Cannot find a definitive answer to this one but looking to book a DUB to LAS fare CW out and AA PE back all through BA. The inbound has two legs obviously one of which would be in Y. If this is all booked on BA.com is it possible to upgrade with Avios the longhaul AA sector from PE to Biz?

Old Feb 15, 2019, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Your guide to spending Avios | 2019 edition

It looks like it is possible but the PE leg on AA would have to be in W to allow a UuA.

Others may be able to confirm this.

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 15, 2019, 5:09 pm
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
Just in case you find my 2c useful..

I’ve booked DUB-LAS before mixed cabins and will again soon, CW on the way back (PE outbound) has always been a lot less expensive than the reverse. Mine for June comes in at around £1k and I hope to use GUF2 for CW out and First back.

Also route via LA on the way back for A380/787 instead of the crap they fly LAS-LHR
Old Feb 16, 2019, 12:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Thanks for this. You say the crap they fly to LAS but for some reason there’s a little voice at the back of my head saying, will LAS be the first A350 route
Old Feb 16, 2019, 2:14 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by SuitedandBooted
If this is all booked on BA.com is it possible to upgrade with Avios the longhaul AA sector from PE to Biz?
If you book it on ba.com the flights will be under BA flight numbers, which would make them ineligible for any upgrades. You need to call and ask for the flights to be booked under AA prime flight numbers (but only W can be upgraded).
Old Feb 16, 2019, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by SuitedandBooted
but for some reason there’s a little voice at the back of my head saying, will LAS be the first A350 route
Yeah? Well, I think I'd recommend putting a good stretch of cell'o tape on that particular voice, it doesn't strike me as very inspired!
Old Feb 16, 2019, 9:50 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Yeah? Well, I think I'd recommend putting a good stretch of cell'o tape on that particular voice, it doesn't strike me as very inspired!
Is that used to repair string instruments?
etiene likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.