Search

BA 211 WT + Feb 17th

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2019, 12:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA
BA 211 WT + Feb 17th

Hi everyone.

Flying LHR-MIA on feb 17th on BA 211. Splurged for WT+ as this was less expensive than WT.
Please explain what differences it will be, and is the the two seats by the windows the best on the 747? I see that it is 2-4-2 in wt +

Thank you
Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:06 am

Originally Posted by Dommer5
Hi everyone.

Flying LHR-MIA on feb 17th on BA 211. Splurged for WT+ as this was less expensive than WT.
Please explain what differences it will be, and is the the two seats by the windows the best on the 747? I see that it is 2-4-2 in wt +

Thank you
Hardly a splurge if you bought the cheapest seats available. 8 across instead of 10, more legroom, smaller cabin, slightly better food, and yes I would go for 2 by the window.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:09 am
Original Poster

Talking

Originally Posted by rapidex
Hardly a splurge if you bought the cheapest seats available.
Something called irony
It was about £26 less than WT. It was an attempt on being funny, sorry it did not work
Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
You will either have brilliant new IFE and nice new covered seats, or a knackered old interior with dreadful TV !

Have a look at the thread on this particular aircraft type - and maybe check back nearer the time to find out exactly which aircraft is flying your route, and you can decide if you need to load up on entertainment or not

Mid-J 747 Cabin Refresh
Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
You will either have brilliant new IFE and nice new covered seats, or a knackered old interior with dreadful TV !

Have a look at the thread on this particular aircraft type - and maybe check back nearer the time to find out exactly which aircraft is flying your route, and you can decide if you need to load up on entertainment or not

Mid-J 747 Cabin Refresh
Hi are they refurbishing the wt + on the 747? Oh oh.. I am crossing my fingers and toes.
Where I can I find a list of the 747's that have been refurbished?
Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:43 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Hi are they refurbishing the wt + on the 747? Oh oh.. I am crossing my fingers and toes.
Where I can I find a list of the 747's that have been refurbished?
In the wiki of the thread that you quoted. Also the Super J aircraft have newer seats and IFE, this has 30 seats in WTP, list on thebasource.com
Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:06 am
Original Poster

The seatmap on manage my booking is showing 36 seats in wt +....
So will not be the Super J
Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Miami, in fact Terminal 3, hardly ever get a Super J aircraft
Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:37 am

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL
Don’t worry. Old WT+ is still miles better than WT if you haven’t done it before. I couldn’t believe how much space and legroom I had the first time I tried it.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 3:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by highpeaklad
Don’t worry. Old WT+ is still miles better than WT if you haven’t done it before. I couldn’t believe how much space and legroom I had the first time I tried it.
I have done wt, but not WT+ before. Done other prem eco on the trans Atlantic leg, SAS and Iceland Air.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 10:22 pm

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
I have done wt, but not WT+ before. Done other prem eco on the trans Atlantic leg, SAS and Iceland Air.
Old WT+ is ok for the seat, but prepare for the worst re IFE. I would suggest taking your own entertainment and a power bank and/or enjoy looking out of the window.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:59 am
Original Poster

Need seat recommendations.

Currently I have 15K.

But Row 12 has become available. Thinking either 12D or 12G, or should I keep 15K?
Old Feb 15, 2019, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
What is your priority, legroom or a window?
Old Feb 15, 2019, 1:51 am

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
Need seat recommendations.

Currently I have 15K.

But Row 12 has become available. Thinking either 12D or 12G, or should I keep 15K?
For me I would take 15k because I can day dream looking out of the window. If the IFE is not an issue seats in 12 D and G offer aisle access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.