Wiki Posts
Search

Using a GUF - Propeller Travel

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2019, 1:10 am

Programs: BA Gold
PM sent
Old Feb 12, 2019, 2:06 pm

@KARFA they have done me osl -sin - Syd and ams -jne - cpt so far this year. Both were booked easily and were confirmed by ba in under a day.
KARFA likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 5:39 am

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
Propeller Travel - Crap GUF Service

Removed following resolution ... webform sent to spam = not good for client serivce

Last edited by alexwuk; Jun 20, 2019 at 8:23 am
Old Jun 18, 2019, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I really don't think this has any place on the BA board, you should escalate your complaint with Propeller not bad mouth them around here, it's not TripAdvisor !
PrimaVista, UKtravelbear and aidy like this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 5:52 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, SkyMiles Gold, Mucci deux fois
Never had a problem with Propeller.

Daniel and the team do a sterling job IMVHO.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
I really don't think this has any place on the BA board, you should escalate your complaint with Propeller not bad mouth them around here, it's not TripAdvisor !
I disagree - I tried to book with them because of all the suggestions to do so on this forum for using BA's GUFs. Had I seen a post like this, I'd have stuck with Trailfinders and wouldn't be looking at paying an extra £1.5k for the same flights.
gypsyjaney likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 5:54 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by alexwuk
I tried to use Propeller to book a simple two segment return GUF ticket yesterday (having previously used my Corporate TA or Trailfinders). Well, that was a mistake: the fare involved has a "Reservations must be made by 19 JUNE 2019" line, which I highlighted in the Propeller booking form [it didn't need ticketing until the end of the week so there was plenty of time for BA to approve issuance today or tomorrow]. After a 4 hour wait without an answer (during UK and US business hours on a weekday), I called in twice to highlight that this was a reservation, but their phone number is sent to a generic human voicemail company who have no access to Propeller's systems and just send them an email to say you called.

This morning I have no answer from Propeller, no reservation and the fare I wanted to use has expired. Propeller get good reviews for using GUFs here but I'm baffled why if this is their usual service standard. Trailfinders are a bit more expensive but actually read their email and answer the phone...
You would never manage to book it as GUF via TA takes 24 hours by BA to get approved...
Old Jun 18, 2019, 5:57 am

Programs: BA GGL
I tried to use Propeller to book a simple two segment return GUF ticket yesterday (having previously used my Corporate TA or Trailfinders). Well, that was a mistake: the fare involved has a "Reservations must be made by 19 JUNE 2019" line, which I highlighted in the Propeller booking form [it didn't need ticketing until the end of the week so there was plenty of time for BA to approve issuance today or tomorrow]. After a 4 hour wait without an answer (during UK and US business hours on a weekday), I called in twice to highlight that this was a reservation, but their phone number is sent to a generic human voicemail company who have no access to Propeller's systems and just send them an email to say you called.

This morning I have no answer from Propeller, no reservation and the fare I wanted to use has expired. Propeller get good reviews for using GUFs here but I'm baffled why if this is their usual service standard. Trailfinders are a bit more expensive but actually read their email and answer the phone...
Any idea why the fare was pulled if it was book by 19 June? Was it an obvious mistake? As nufnuf says, it generally takes a day+ for BA to approve an upgrade so the chances are high that you would have missed the fare anyway.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 6:04 am

The fare didn't need Ticketing by 17th June, just the reservation creation date had to be by then. the Ticketing deadline would have been 3 days after the reservation was made - which is plenty of time for BA approval. It wasn't a mistake fare, just a lowering of the usual ex-UK fares to Latin America for a few days.

ADVANCE RESERVATIONS/TICKETING
CONFIRMED RESERVATIONS FOR ALL SECTORS ARE REQUIRED AT
LEAST 7 DAYS BEFORE DEPARTURE.
TICKETING MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN 3 DAYS AFTER
RESERVATIONS ARE MADE OR AT LEAST 7 DAYS BEFORE
DEPARTURE WHICHEVER IS EARLIER.
NOTE - TEXT BELOW NOT VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING.
DUE TO TTL ROBOT PROCESS DIFFERENCES MAY EXIST
BETWEEN THE CRS LAST TICKETING DATE AND TTL ROBOT
REMARK.
THE INFORMATION BY SSR IN THE PNR PREVAILS.

SALES RESTRICTIONS
FOOTNOTE RULE
RESERVATIONS MUST BE MADE ON/BEFORE 17JUN19.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 6:52 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
The fare didn't need Ticketing by 17th June, just the reservation creation date had to be by then. the Ticketing deadline would have been 3 days after the reservation was made - which is plenty of time for BA approval. It wasn't a mistake fare, just a lowering of the usual ex-UK fares to Latin America for a few days.
Once the fare is pulled don't any non-ticketed bookings become invalid? I thought you have to ticket whilst the fare is still live rather than just create the booking?
Old Jun 18, 2019, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Once the fare is pulled don't any non-ticketed bookings become invalid? I thought you have to ticket whilst the fare is still live rather than just create the booking?
Usually fares include an "Issue By" date rather than a "Reserve By" date (in fact, I can't recall seeing a fare with a Reserve by date without an Issue By date) - I'm genuinely uncertain. To be clear: the fare wasn't pulled, just the deadline for reservation creation has passed.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by PrimaVista
Never had a problem with Propeller.

Daniel and the team do a sterling job IMVHO.
Agreed.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 11:05 am

Programs: BA GGL

ADVANCE RESERVATIONS/TICKETING
CONFIRMED RESERVATIONS FOR ALL SECTORS ARE REQUIRED AT
LEAST 7 DAYS BEFORE DEPARTURE.
TICKETING MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN 3 DAYS AFTER
RESERVATIONS ARE MADE OR AT LEAST 7 DAYS BEFORE
DEPARTURE WHICHEVER IS EARLIER.
NOTE - TEXT BELOW NOT VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING.
DUE TO TTL ROBOT PROCESS DIFFERENCES MAY EXIST
BETWEEN THE CRS LAST TICKETING DATE AND TTL ROBOT
REMARK.
THE INFORMATION BY SSR IN THE PNR PREVAILS.

SALES RESTRICTIONS
FOOTNOTE RULE
RESERVATIONS MUST BE MADE ON/BEFORE 17JUN19.
It is an unusual one!

Last edited by Filthy Monkey; Jun 18, 2019 at 11:40 am
Old Jun 18, 2019, 3:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The footnote is just an advice. What matters is when the airline chooses to withdraw the fare, which assumedly it did on the 18th. Holding a reservation does not guarantee the fare - the fare will be whatever valid fare exists at time of actual purchase

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
If a thread is permitted about the use of the agency for use for upgrades , there is no reason why negative comments should be any less valid than positive comments. This is not tripadvisor, nor is it a marketing thread for the travel agency
wanderingjock likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 2:17 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
I think the complaint by OP is about the lack of timely communication, irrespective of the fare booking conditions. Seems fair comment to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.