FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Using a GUF - Propeller Travel (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1955729-using-guf-propeller-travel.html)

HighwayToHEL Feb 11, 2019 8:14 am

Using a GUF - Propeller Travel

Hi

I'm planning to use a GUF1. Is Propeller Travel still the recommended route or are there other places that people recommend? There's no availability in the award classes on my chosen dates. I'm looking to travel in 10 days and the prices are going up each time I look....

Many thanks

Jim

mikebg Feb 11, 2019 8:41 am

Propeller Travel are very good. I have used them many times.

Lefly Feb 11, 2019 8:51 am

I only know Propeller as TA for GUF trips, and I am quite satisfied with the results.

FFMilesJunkie Feb 11, 2019 9:00 am

I've used Propeller a few times without issue. The only time I had an issue is when a fare expired before the GUF was approved and the reservation was ticketed. Since you are close in to your flight and you have seen prices fluctuate, I would not waste any time and keep a good line of communication open with Ruby (or whoever your rep ends up being) over at Propeller. Let her know you have concerns about the fare changing and maybe they can prioritize your ticket and get BA to approve it quicker. They were very up front and honest about my situation. In the end, it worked out since the sale fare come back a few weeks down the line and I was able to try it again.

mikeyfly Feb 11, 2019 9:02 am

Hi Jim - you'll need to ensure there's the correct fare class availability you require (A for J into F etc) which may be a struggle this close in

DominicB Feb 11, 2019 9:54 am

I've found Propellor to be extremely helpful on a number of occasions.

Globaliser Feb 11, 2019 10:46 am

Originally Posted by HighwayToHEL (Post 30764456)
I'm planning to use a GUF1. Is Propeller Travel still the recommended route or are there other places that people recommend?

There is the main thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ki-thread.html

And others from the last six months:-
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]

johnaalex Feb 11, 2019 11:18 am

Another vote for Propeller!

u07ch Feb 11, 2019 1:22 pm

if you have Amex Platinum they book them for no charge over the phone

KARFA Feb 11, 2019 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by u07ch (Post 30765765)
if you have Amex Platinum they book them for no charge over the phone

how have you found them recently when pricing up complex itineraries and getting the GUF applied? I have read varying reports about Amex and GUFs on the board over the last years and jut wondered whether they were any good.

our_kid Feb 11, 2019 2:27 pm

If you’re GGL go with BA you can pay cash fare and burn a joker for the GUF upgrade - highly recommended

mikebg Feb 11, 2019 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by our_kid (Post 30766057)
If you’re GGL go with BA you can pay cash fare and burn a joker for the GUF upgrade - highly recommended

What a waste of a joker!
Book via a TA and get the same terms without using a joker

NeilP Feb 11, 2019 3:26 pm

Booked with Propeller this week, not on a GUF as no availability but they managed to find CW for WT+ pricing LHR to NYC, SDF to LHR.

clubman Feb 11, 2019 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by our_kid (Post 30766057)

Bad advice.

clubman Feb 11, 2019 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by NeilP (Post 30766278)
Booked with Propeller this week, not on a GUF as no availability but they managed to find CW for WT+ pricing LHR to NYC, SDF to LHR.

What fare did they get you if you don't mind me asking?