Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Original Routing Credit

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC (Gold), IHG Rewards (Gold Elite), Marriot (Gold Elite), HHonors (Gold Elite), SPG (Gold)
Original Routing Credit

Hi Folks,

advice appreciated here. I was recently cancelled from my return LHR-ABZ in Club Europe had an unplanned overnight in Heathrow and my subsequent rescheduled flight the following morning was also cancelled.

Due to the need to get back to ABZ for business reasons I took a seat on the early morning flight to EDI in economy as there was no availability in Club.

I phoned the Gold Line today to request Original Routing Credit for the TP’s and Avios but the telephone operator (after holding for nearly an hour) told me that they can credit the missing Avios but not the TIer Points but they would “Flag the TP’s on my account if I’m 20 points short of retaining Gold at my reset date”.

Now I know that they have the capability to do both given what I’ve read on here, but can anybody suggest how I keep chasing this to get the full credit. It’s only 20 TP’s but it goes to your lifetime allowance and frankly I don’t like being fobbed off when i know they are incorrect....
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:11 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I can;t see any reason ORC wouldn't apply here. You should be due the 40 TPs and avios for the originally booked LHR-ABZ flight.

The ORC process would be that the TPs and avios for your LHR-EDI flight in ET would be manually removed and the TPs and avios for the originally booked LHR-ABZ would be credited. I have never heard of just getting ORC avios but not TPs.

HUACA? The ORC guide may help too https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...r-s-guide.html
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC (Gold), IHG Rewards (Gold Elite), Marriot (Gold Elite), HHonors (Gold Elite), SPG (Gold)
Thanks Karfa, that’s exactly what I thought so glad I’m not being daft. I’ll maybe follow up in writing and see if that gets any traction.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 8:00 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by duncgor
Thanks Karfa, that’s exactly what I thought so glad I’m not being daft. I’ll maybe follow up in writing and see if that gets any traction.
Writing is the key. It lets you outline the specific sequence, e.g. original booking, final booking, and why you took the change of destination and class of service. ORC is always discretionary, so best to give the reason.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 2:02 pm

Programs: BA, SQ, VS, Lifetime Diamond Club Appreciator, Mucci
This should be an easy one.
There's an online form to contact BA (can't recall exactly where right now).
Explain the flight you booked originally, what you flew and what you were credited. Clearly state that you'd like an Original Routing Credit applied to your BAEC account.
Should be sorted as per above; remove the Economy sector, credit the Club sector, within a day or two.
I requested one a few months ago via this route and it was painless.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.