Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel bookings

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2019, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Hotel bookings

I made a hotel booking in St Lucia with BA, but my BAEC number doesn't appear in the booking (not certain if it was an option that I overlooked when I booked).

I believe you get 1 Avios for every £1 spent on hotel bookings, so don't want to miss out. The BA confirmation email says 794 Avios for the booking, but I don't know how to get the hotel booking attached to my BA account. On the BAEC main page there is a section titled My flight bookings but nothing for hotel bookings.

Can anyone assist with how to solve this problem?
Old Feb 10, 2019, 12:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
I think you still get a 6 character booking ref, just like you do with flights. Can you use that and your surname to find it?

There must be a way, because there's a non-flight voucher that they advise you to print out.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 1:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AccorLL Gold
Below your list of flight bookings on the member page, there's a place to look up a non-flight booking by booking reference. Unfortunately they don't automatically appear in the list (at least, my standalone car hire booking didn't, and I assume a hotel booking would work the same way)
Old Feb 10, 2019, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HHarry
I think you still get a 6 character booking ref, just like you do with flights. Can you use that and your surname to find it?

There must be a way, because there's a non-flight voucher that they advise you to print out.
I've got the booking ref and hotel voucher However, if I click on MMB in the confirmation email it brings up the booking details, but has N/A against the membership number. .
Old Feb 10, 2019, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by Agent69
I've got the booking ref and hotel voucher However, if I click on MMB in the confirmation email it brings up the booking details, but has N/A against the membership number. .
​​​​​​Yep, my car hire booking comes up the same. But I did get the Avios... Eventually
Old Feb 10, 2019, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by araqnid
​​​​​​Yep, my car hire booking comes up the same. But I did get the Avios... Eventually
Did you have to claim them as missing,or did they arrive by themselves?
Old Feb 10, 2019, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by Agent69
Did you have to claim them as missing,or did they arrive by themselves?
They arrived automatically, over three weeks later. The BA Holidays bonus arrived within a couple of days this time!
Old Feb 10, 2019, 4:07 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by araqnid
They arrived automatically, over three weeks later. The BA Holidays bonus arrived within a couple of days this time!
the BA holidays bonus Avios seem to always arrive in a few days after the end of the trip nowadays.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 10:37 pm

Do not suffer! Just call the hotel itself and explain the situation.

I am sure you will help and give a full consultation.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 5:25 am

Just out of interest, I’ve booked a couple of Flights + Hotel bookings via BA.com ex DUB. I’ve never gotten avios for the hotel bookings. Should I have gotten them or not?
Old Feb 25, 2020, 10:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Anyone know the process of cancelling a booking made on Avios.com? I have the voucher, but there is no link to a page to see the booking online. Assume i have to thus call them and cancel there?
Old Feb 25, 2020, 10:13 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by TTmex
Anyone know the process of cancelling a booking made on Avios.com? I have the voucher, but there is no link to a page to see the booking online. Assume i have to thus call them and cancel there?
must hotels they sell are non cancel or refundable which might by why you can't do it
Old Feb 25, 2020, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by Hawk777
must hotels they sell are non cancel or refundable which might by why you can't do it
These are the conditions shown:
  • You will be able to cancel your booking, for a fee, and make a new booking. However, we cannot guarantee that the same hotel room or car rental option will still be available.
Cancelling your booking
  • Cancellations made outside of 72 hours to travel will be charged a cancellation fee of £35 or local equivalent, plus any applicable Supplier Fees as advised at time of booking. Cancellation/Supplier fees are payable in CASH by credit/debit card only.
  • Cancellations made within 72 hours to travel will be charged 100% of the booking value and no refund will be made.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 10:31 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by TTmex
These are the conditions shown:
  • You will be able to cancel your booking, for a fee, and make a new booking. However, we cannot guarantee that the same hotel room or car rental option will still be available.
Cancelling your booking
  • Cancellations made outside of 72 hours to travel will be charged a cancellation fee of £35 or local equivalent, plus any applicable Supplier Fees as advised at time of booking. Cancellation/Supplier fees are payable in CASH by credit/debit card only.
  • Cancellations made within 72 hours to travel will be charged 100% of the booking value and no refund will be made.
plus any applicable Supplier Fees as advised at time of booking. Cancellation/Supplier fees are payable in CASH by credit/debit card only.

that is the important part the other bits are ba/avios standard cancel options but the bit above about the supplier is important ones as the supplier they normally use for hotels are non cancel ones good luck and hope you get refund but from a lot of experience you wont
TTmex likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 10:40 am

Thanks a lot. I will give them a call. I seem to remember booking a room that said "Refundable", was about 8 quid more expensive. But if I lose it, I lose it.

Warm wishes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.