Wiki Posts
Search

BA12 15hr Delay SIN-LHR

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2019, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
BA12 15hr Delay SIN-LHR

Hi, in need of some advice. BA11 on Monday LHR-SIN is delayed for some reason by 21 hours. I am booked on BA12 to come back from my holidays which has a knock on delay currently at 15hrs, 2pm the next day. Does anyone know the reason? Maybe technical? As the BA line is closed right now as night time in UK, I'm not sure who to contact regarding changing to maybe the other BA flight or some other to get home quicker. The delayed arrival is now 8pm to LHR vs original 6am, thus I will miss my connection to NCL and have to spend the night in london also!

Now, do I just book myself another night in my hotel in SIN or do i have to check out, wait until tonight and then queue up for BA to put me in a hotel?

Any advice appreciated regarding costs I can claim back by arranging hotel myself etc.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 6:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by 1210mk2
Hi, in need of some advice. BA11 on Monday LHR-SIN is delayed for some reason by 21 hours. I am booked on BA12 to come back from my holidays which has a knock on delay currently at 15hrs, 2pm the next day. Does anyone know the reason? Maybe technical? As the BA line is closed right now as night time in UK, I'm not sure who to contact regarding changing to maybe the other BA flight or some other to get home quicker. The delayed arrival is now 8pm to LHR vs original 6am, thus I will miss my connection to NCL and have to spend the night in london also!

Now, do I just book myself another night in my hotel in SIN or do i have to check out, wait until tonight and then queue up for BA to put me in a hotel?

Any advice appreciated regarding costs I can claim back by arranging hotel myself etc.
Dont have access to Expertflyer for the delay. You could always tweet the BA team. They are 24hrs and might be able to help rebooking. Not sure what options the airport would have or if they can reroute you via somewhere else or the other departure.

i don’t think BA will quibble a hotel up to £200 plus food and drink but not alcohol. If you have to spend more than the £200 screenshot the prices on a booking website so BA know that was your only option. Hope you get home safely. A 2 night delay isn’t great and maybe if technical then you have EU261 as well
Old Jan 28, 2019, 6:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn

Dont have access to Expertflyer for the delay. You could always tweet the BA team. They are 24hrs and might be able to help rebooking. Not sure what options the airport would have or if they can reroute you via somewhere else or the other departure.

i don’t think BA will quibble a hotel up to £200 plus food and drink but not alcohol. If you have to spend more than the £200 screenshot the prices on a booking website so BA know that was your only option. Hope you get home safely. A 2 night delay isn’t great and maybe if technical then you have EU261 as well
Thanks. Im taking the subway to the airport to see if any staff with ticketing access able to help. I was due into NCL at about 9am wednesday. Now its looking like 9am thursday and I am due at work!

Im staying at the amazing andaz i got a great deal £150, an extra night i check is now £300, i dont want to pick up that bill... might have to change hotels. No idea max they will payout, read 200 on a few posts
Old Jan 28, 2019, 6:51 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Sorry to hear your delayed and here is the info from Expert Flyer. However, I am not familiar with identifying codes so perhaps someone with knowledge re this can advise but my instinct at the bolded part is TU which I am sure means Technical Unservicable so maybe a part is required?

I have never been in such a situation re IRROPS but the official advice from BA is as below. I think you may have more of a chance at getting home from the Airport and if not then BA there can arrange a hotel for you.

I'm sure I have read the higher your status the better chances you will get prioritised of getting on another flight or even carrier but I'm not sure far being Silver will go to be honest. If your on one ticket they will get you home to NCL, BA are obliged to. Of course if it is technical then you would be entitled to EU/261 details of which are on another thread.

Best to have options for a reroute before you get to the airport and stay positive but emphasising you have to get back to the UK ASAP for work but bear in mind there are also hunderds of other passengers wanting to get back to the UK too!

Best of luck though and let us know how you get on if possible.

Here are the loads from EF on the BA16 SIN - LHR (Tue 29th)

F0 A0 J0 C0 D0 R0 I0 W0 E0 T0 Y1 B1
H1 K1 M1 L1 V1 S1 N1 Q1 O1 G1

Here is the availability from LHR-NCL (Wed 30th)

BA1324 - J6 C5 D3 R0 I0 Y9 B4 H1 K0 M0 L0 V0
N0 O0 Q0 S0 G9
BA 1326 - J9 C6 D3 R0 I0 Y9 B3 H1 K0 M0 L0 V0
N0 O0 Q9 S0 G9

QF1 Availability -

F5 A5 J5 C5 D0 I0 W9 R9 T9 Y9 B9 H9
K9 M9 L9 V0 S9 N9 Q9 O9 X9 E9

If your flight is delayed

We’ll always make every effort to reduce a delay and the impact on your travel plans. Therefore, unless you’ve been told otherwise, please head to the airport for your original departure time.

DOBA11/28JAN
* OPERATIONAL FLIGHT INFO * BA 11 -1 MO 28JAN19
CITY INFO HOUR (LOCAL)

LHR ESTIMATED TIME OF DEPARTURE 1600
ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL 1234 SIN
*1A PLANNED FLIGHT INFO* BA 11 -1 MO 28JAN19
APT ARR DY DEP DY CLASS/MEAL EQP GRND EFT TTL
LHR 1905 MO FAJCDRIWETY/M 388 12:50
BHKMLVSNQOG/M
X/M
SIN 1555 TU 12:50
COMMENTS-
1.LHR SIN - MEMBER OF ONEWORLD
2.LHR SIN - DEPARTS TERMINAL 5
3.LHR SIN - ARRIVES TERMINAL 1
4.LHR SIN - 9/ NON-SMOKING
5.LHR SIN - ET/ ELECTRONIC TKT CANDIDATE
6.LHR SIN - CO2/PAX* 499.95 KG ECO, 999.90 KG PRE
(*):SOURCE:ICAO CARBON EMISSIONS CALCULATOR
CONFIGURATION-
388 F 14 J 97 W 55 M 303

Pete

Last edited by PETER01; Jan 28, 2019 at 6:59 pm
Old Jan 28, 2019, 7:22 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
I am on this flight too, I was automatically protected on to the BA16 but am happy to wait for the delayed BA12 - my wife is travelling with me on this trip and I had planned a couple of days off when I arrived home. This has been a work trip for me so it’s nice to enjoy an unexpected evening out in Singapore and then enjoy a day flight back to London ^
Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:01 pm
Original Poster

Thanks peter. At the aiport there are no staff until 5pm but got the number for the local ba office. They say ive been rebooked on same flights tomorrow now. Im tempted just to extend my stay one night at the andaz instead of checking out. On the phone they told me the other flight tonight is full, no doubt with rebookings. I asked for qantas and was told they dont have authority to put me on it, only the airport check in staff could maybe do at 5pm but i do want to check out and join that queue of rage. 40 rooms pre booked by ba at the airport. I think il just stay in the andaz and work will have to do wothout me...
Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I am on this flight too, I was automatically protected on to the BA16 but am happy to wait for the delayed BA12 - my wife is travelling with me on this trip and I had planned a couple of days off when I arrived home. This has been a work trip for me so it’s nice to enjoy an unexpected evening out in Singapore and then enjoy a day flight back to London ^
BA16 i was not offered, maybe due to only being a silver so much priority before me. Will you extend your current hotel and claim back? Im not sure they will honour an extra night for me in my hotel at £300. I dont really fancy ba putting me in the airport for 36 hours though....

Last edited by 1210mk2; Jan 28, 2019 at 8:11 pm Reason: Quote
Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT

BA16 i was not offered, maybe due to only being a silver so much priority before me. Will you extend your current hotel and claim back? Im not sure they will honour an extra night for me in my hotel at £300. I dont really fancy ba putting me in the airport for 36 hours though....
Having looked at booking.com I can see the Airport Crown Plaza for £138 and the Grand Hyatt at £238 I’d be inclined to call and get the ok to stay where you are at £300 as there’s even Holiday Inn Express for the £100 mark and given the fact that BA tend to cap at £200 I can see them pushing back on your claim which will delay it whilst you negotiate or cap it at £200.

Old Jan 28, 2019, 9:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn

Having looked at booking.com I can see the Airport Crown Plaza for £138 and the Grand Hyatt at £238 I’d be inclined to call and get the ok to stay where you are at £300 as there’s even Holiday Inn Express for the £100 mark and given the fact that BA tend to cap at £200 I can see them pushing back on your claim which will delay it whilst you negotiate or cap it at £200.

To be honest if they cap it at £200 it would be ok as i believe I should be getting 2 x 600 euro eu261 for me and my wife. I called BA again to clarify the pricing for the hotels and they are just saying send in receipts, nothing about caps or even any guide. What is generally allowed for food in these situations do you know? Im not looking to take the mick, but I am further inconvenienced by having to check out and change hotels etc. Do i have to now eat breakfast lunch and dinner for the next 36 hours at mcdonnelds also?
Old Jan 28, 2019, 9:59 pm

Have you asked the Andaz about the rate? Reception or the duty manager will most probably have some flexibility on the rate at the last minute
Old Jan 28, 2019, 10:03 pm

The QF flight seems to be filling up in J - now J2 - probably corporate TAs working their tickets, but anyone in Y should have no trouble getting on to QF1 - empty down the back!

Food wise - I would stick to hotel restaurant or equivalent pricing and pay for any alcohol myself, can't see there being a problem with that
Old Jan 28, 2019, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sammyg901
The QF flight seems to be filling up in J - now J2 - probably corporate TAs working their tickets, but anyone in Y should have no trouble getting on to QF1 - empty down the back!

Food wise - I would stick to hotel restaurant or equivalent pricing and pay for any alcohol myself, can't see there being a problem with that
We have accepted the 24hr delay. Spoke to andaz and cant reduce rate but giving late checkout tomorrow.

id happily eat in the hotel, bit to be honest i havent been due to the prices... il limit the food as much as possible and im not claiming taxis etc only using subway. Hope they honour the full night short notice stay price.

Just to confirm sin-lhr on BA metal will be ok for the 600 euro? Its not just ex-eu right? Some odd wording online..
Old Jan 28, 2019, 10:26 pm
Original Poster

To add they were not allowing Qantas for some reason. It was my first question on the phone. Maybe they will offer in airport once the staff arrive but i can imagine the scenes later when everyone turns up furious.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 10:28 pm

We have accepted the 24hr delay. Spoke to andaz and cant reduce rate but giving late checkout tomorrow.

id happily eat in the hotel, bit to be honest i havent been due to the prices... il limit the food as much as possible and im not claiming taxis etc only using subway. Hope they honour the full night short notice stay price.

Just to confirm sin-lhr on BA metal will be ok for the 600 euro? Its not just ex-eu right? Some odd wording online..
Non-Eu carrier wouldn't have to pay. BA you're all good ^

Personally I wouldn't spend what I wasn't willing to loose - that should keep you well inside BA's appetite to pay without forcing you to eat at McDonald's hopefully! Maybe $50-60 a head? Should get you something in the Andaz or one of the numerous places over in Haji Lane area

The subway is a bit of a drag to the airport - download Grab and you should get it for under $20 for mid-morning trip to airport for the 2pm departure currently showing
Old Jan 28, 2019, 10:41 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for infos. Ive not been in this situation before for expenses, only flight compo. We took the andaz room no breakfast. So breakfast lunch and dinner will be on BA tomorrow.. so if say gbp £15 breakfast, £20-30 for lunch and dinner PER PERSON? Thats what my work allows when I travel with my job.

Last edited by 1210mk2; Jan 28, 2019 at 10:43 pm Reason: Missing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.