Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA100 departing soon (Friday 1 February at 11.30 to be precise)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA100 departing soon (Friday 1 February at 11.30 to be precise)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2019, 7:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by BAEC

Nadda, Nicht, Nothing .... I crossed the 1 million mark on a flight before Christmas.... what did I get ... a 90 minute delay 😔
Even I got a ‘celebratory’ email (around 30 mins ago), so I’m sure you’re on the list. Sit tight
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 7:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Originally Posted by Globaliser
..And then there were the many miles flown on BA since 1974, long before frequent flyer schemes were invented ...
For some unknown reason, those points are not important to BA

I totally agree, it's a bit lackadaisical.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by TPRun
For some unknown reason, those points are not important to BA

I totally agree, it's a bit lackadaisical.
I have often wondered whether this ‘thing’ was intended for kids. It certainly doesn’t seem to add a great deal to you frequent flyers, whi are tracking their multi-carrier travel on FR24, ba97 or Excel.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 8:49 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Is that it?

The advert is nice but I can't help feeling like the result has not fulfilled the hype. A bit like actually flying with the airline really. (Apologies to the wonderful crews who I exclude from that comment)
londonba2014 likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by T8191
I have often wondered whether this ‘thing’ was intended for kids. It certainly doesn’t seem to add a great deal to you frequent flyers, whi are tracking their multi-carrier travel on FR24, ba97 or Excel.
I think this is the key point about the whole campaign and marketing in general. i.e. the target audience for this communication isn’t those on Flyertalk.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 10:27 am

Or "Too fly to serve" as they are known in this household.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 10:44 am

Now if CWS had been on the flight then the advert may have gained some kudos on this forum instead of ridicule. I think BA missed a trick there! I
Old Feb 1, 2019, 12:43 pm

Programs: BA
This won't be the only ad we see this year.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
A nice advert. I believe togetherness is what we all need right now considering national and international circumstances and that comes across nicely.

I'll say thanks back to BA for keep me and my family safe in the sky. ^
Thank you for your post. Reading the reactions here, all I can think to myself is god we're a miserable bunch sometimes.
HIDDY, Tobias-UK, gorps1 and 3 others like this.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
It’s nothing to do with being miserable and just about having an opinion!
subject2load and TPRun like this.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 3:34 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Well times for Ms Faith being on the Last Leg this evening.

Old Feb 2, 2019, 1:53 am

Programs: BA Bronze SPG
BA has responded

They replied to my tweet and have said they ‘want to ensure that everyone can enjoy it so a subtitled version will be appearing on BA.com soon’

How soon is anyone’s guess!!
Old Feb 2, 2019, 2:21 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
I think it's a nice video but it will have zero effect on my choice to fly or not fly BA in the future, thus as an advertising campaign it is a complete failure and waste of resources for me.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 3:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Originally Posted by FEMW
They replied to my tweet and have said they ‘want to ensure that everyone can enjoy it so a subtitled version will be appearing on BA.com soon’

How soon is anyone’s guess!!
Subtitles should be on all content led advertising these days, not only are they missing out on a specific demographic but also all those people who don’t currently have their headphones on them etc - they’ll swipe straight past it!

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
A nice advert. I believe togetherness is what we all need right now considering national and international circumstances and that comes across nicely.

I'll say thanks back to BA for keep me and my family safe in the sky. ^
I agree togetherness is what is needed but I disagree that this advert does it well. It already secludes rich people and those who can only travel in the back. I don’t see the international aspect at all, and with the up-in-the-air politics going on right now I’m not sure we can claim how great being British is right now.

Also, I’ll say thanks to any airline that keeps me safe - that’s not just a BA thing!
Old Feb 2, 2019, 3:30 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
It's a tough crowd in here tonight!

But here is a bit of background. It appears AJ and Ms. Colman really did go the whole hog, as it were.

BABenchley likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.