Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Group boarding etiquette question

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2019, 12:45 pm

Programs: BA Silver
At outstations the staff usually seem to just read the script about group boarding and then make no attempt to enforce it anyway. I actually have a lot of sympathy with staff who are representing several different airlines all with different rules in a single day.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 3:15 pm

Programs: BA Silver, VS Silver
Originally Posted by Whenderson
I am group 1 boarding, my partner is group 2.

What’s the official line...can I bring him with me in group 1, or tough banana, he just has to wait for group 2?

(Leaving aside argument that if the latter I should of course wait and go with him in group 2.)

Thanks
Well, this evening at LHR the announcement was "Group 1 followed by Group 2" which group 2 took to mean go ahead! Out of the three automatic gates two were directly ahead of the group 2 lane opening so group 1(the bigger group) were still boarding as all of group 2 had completed. No sign of any gate staff to intervene or hold groups back in order.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 4:19 pm

My general experience is that no one really follows the group system or implement it.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by SQTraveller
My general experience is that no one really follows the group system or implement it.
Although many other things left to improve, group boarding is something AA has implemented in a short time, and mostly manages very good. All the mini-DYKWIAs being sent back to wait their turn, will hopefully be educational, thus reducing this behaviour /optimistic hat off/
navylad likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 1:39 am

Programs: BA Gold; Swiss Blue
Originally Posted by PETER01
A recent flight (November) with someone on the same PNR as me gave all boarding passes in Group1.
Similar experience in November....

Outbound to HKG we were all in Group 2 (J booking with SCH)
however, as I clicked up to Gold while we were in HKG, the whole group including 1 SCH and 2 non-status were Group 1 on the return flight from HKG ( J booking)
Old Jan 28, 2019, 1:44 am

I (was) Group 3 and was travelling with spouse last year who is Group 4 on the same flight but separate PNRs. At EWR the GA told us to both go in Grp 3 as she was travelling with me and seemed surprised that I was going to hold back and wait for the wife!
Old Jan 28, 2019, 2:45 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by PETER01
A recent flight (November) with someone on the same PNR as me gave all boarding passes in Group1.
Originally Posted by SWISSBOBBY
Similar experience in November....

Outbound to HKG we were all in Group 2 (J booking with SCH)
however, as I clicked up to Gold while we were in HKG, the whole group including 1 SCH and 2 non-status were Group 1 on the return flight from HKG ( J booking)
Seems to be generally OK now re BP's on the same PNR. Gold now? ^

​​​​​​​Time to change your profile.........
Old Jan 28, 2019, 4:01 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Never had a problem with any OW airline, My wife used to be group 2, me group !, BA agents are fine
now of course my wife is also group 1, so wont even need to ask
Old Jan 7, 2022, 6:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, Eurostar CB, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It is supposed to have changed last year for both same PNRs and for TCP linked bookings, and there's a further release update due shortly. I know it now works for some people in that all get the highest group number.
Sorry to dig up an old thread but do you know if this is now working smoothly? I thought TCP was just a comment in the PNR so it would be impressive if BA could assign Group 1 boarding pass to a companion travelling on a separate TCP'd PNR.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 8:13 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by s1362083
Sorry to dig up an old thread but do you know if this is now working smoothly? I thought TCP was just a comment in the PNR so it would be impressive if BA could assign Group 1 boarding pass to a companion travelling on a separate TCP'd PNR.
yes, tcp generates a group 1 bp for a companion at least it does for mrs firstlight (silver) when we are on separate PNRs and flying on a 4 class plane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.