Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cancelled flight but not auto rebooked

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2019, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Cancelled flight but not auto rebooked

My partner is currentlt stuck in Malaga after tonights flight was cancelled. He shouldve arrived in LGW tonight and was flying to JER on a day trip tomorrow. . I told him to book a hotel and take taxi there rather than join the everlasting queue at airport but unsure on the rebooking When i click on rebook/refund options it just takes me to the upcoming jersey flights ( which he wont make anyw\ay) Any advice?
Old Jan 26, 2019, 4:22 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Nothing to add, but there is another thread regarding this flight :-

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...tive-club-446/

I think he'll be out of luck regarding the JER flights - unless it's covered by insurance. Edit - Looks like it's a single ticket...

Last edited by DYKWIA; Jan 27, 2019 at 2:43 am
Old Jan 26, 2019, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

The \BA site says this If a delay or cancellation of five hours or more disrupts a connecting flight that you booked under the same booking reference (with a planned connection time of 24 hours or less) and you no longer wish to continue to your final destination, the operating carrier will provide you with a return flight to your original point of departure at the earliest opportunity as well as refund the parts of the journey you did not fly.

Prob the best bet but desperately trying to get him back to London somehow tomorrow but no rebooking options on the app the JER flights are on same booking reference
Old Jan 26, 2019, 4:34 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Was on the same flight booked into J. Auto rebooked onto LHR flight by Iberia in Y. Called Iberia and they rebooked me onto later flight in J via MAD.
Not very well organised at all.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 4:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by sam lewis71
The \BA site says this If a delay or cancellation of five hours or more disrupts a connecting flight that you booked under the same booking reference (with a planned connection time of 24 hours or less) and you no longer wish to continue to your final destination, the operating carrier will provide you with a return flight to your original point of departure at the earliest opportunity as well as refund the parts of the journey you did not fly.

Prob the best bet but desperately trying to get him back to London somehow tomorrow but no rebooking options on the app the JER flights are on same booking reference
He might not get much of a refund for the Jersey day trip if it’s on a through ticket and if he wants the TP and/or a cheap duty free run ask for the JER day trip to be rebooked for a later date. Re getting him back to London get hi. To tweet BA. They work 24/7 and can call him to rebook. The Malaga ground crew arent the best in my opinion.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn

He might not get much of a refund for the Jersey day trip if it’s on a through ticket and if he wants the TP and/or a cheap duty free run ask for the JER day trip to be rebooked for a later date. Re getting him back to London get hi. To tweet BA. They work 24/7 and can call him to rebook. The Malaga ground crew arent the best in my opinion.
the flights were booked as he needed the 4 BA flights to keep silver. Mainly been flying on qatar He will be soundo now- been up since 4am uk time
Old Jan 26, 2019, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lehovec
Was on the same flight booked into J. Auto rebooked onto LHR flight by Iberia in Y. Called Iberia and they rebooked me onto later flight in J via MAD.
Not very well organised at all.
did this happen in the app? Can see this being a pain as he def needs to be in london by sunday night ( recently started new job) Strangely he ( and weather report) said nothing about fog in Malaga, its currently showing 5 mile visibility
Old Jan 26, 2019, 4:52 pm

There definetely has been visibility issues, for about 1 hour not a single plane landed. Our plane diverted to GRX, not sure why they could not have refuelled and landed after the fog lifted like all other airlines did (with the exception of FR).

Reebooking was done automatically onto LHR flight. The Iberia staff did tell us this but when I checked it was in Y which was not said. BA app did not offer any rebooking options. I called Iberia call center and it was all sorted within 5 minutes.
Mind you we are flying on 75 ticket (IB stock)
sam lewis71 likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Hmmm just had reply from Twitter team which staes "Flights have been nightstopped rather than cancelled so rebooking is not an option unless ticket fully flexible The rescheduled time will be communicated by the hotel reception" Not much help lol
Old Jan 26, 2019, 7:58 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Nothing to add, but there is another thread regarding this flight :-

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...tive-club-446/

I think he'll be out of luck regarding the JER flights - unless it's covered by insurance.
I think this is the one you mean:

Quick duty of care check
Old Jan 27, 2019, 12:34 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by lehovec
There definetely has been visibility issues, for about 1 hour not a single plane landed. Our plane diverted to GRX, not sure why they could not have refuelled and landed after the fog lifted like all other airlines did (with the exception of FR).

Reebooking was done automatically onto LHR flight. The Iberia staff did tell us this but when I checked it was in Y which was not said. BA app did not offer any rebooking options. I called Iberia call center and it was all sorted within 5 minutes.
Mind you we are flying on 75 ticket (IB stock)
Crew could have timed out.

From just after 1900 yesterday a number of flights were diverted, with a couple attempting and then doing a gonarounf. The AY flight from HEL did make it, and some flights were able to take off. However, it is not always as simple as just waiting it out at another airport.

I am aware that some people did rebook onto the LHR service. Perhaps they got in early or got a different agent.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 12:39 am
Original Poster

As an update hes now managed to book coming into LHR late afternoon ( good job i gave him lift so car not at Gatwick) and the Jersey run been moved to next Sat. Silver line were apparently very helpful. Next job is to claim hotel and taxi expenses back from BA. On tomorrows list of things to do
Old Jan 27, 2019, 1:04 am

Originally Posted by madfish

Crew could have timed out.
Crew would not have timed out. They reported for duty at LGW at 1440 and if operating just 2 sectors latest they could have landed back at LGW would have been 0240. If 3rd sector would have been added, such as GRX-AGP, latest arrival at LGW would have been 0040 however EASA rules allow up to 3 hrs captains discretion in the even of unforseen circumstances (such as adverse weather) to return to base. So from crew hours perspective, it coulld have been done.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 1:34 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Just to give a bit of background here, if a flight is held overnight, and therefore is expected to run just very late, then the reservations are kept on the flight, boarding passes would usually still be valid (depending on the airport's own gate system) and it obviously makes check-in / seating very straightforward. On longhaul with perhaps one flight a day this is realistically the best way of working; however AGP is almost at the other end of the spectrum since when operating normally it's actually one of the best connected airports in mainland Europe in terms of routes to the UK. But the downside to that is anyone who wants to go on another service has to be offloaded from the flight, and it's not necessarily evident to the Contact Centre staff that something has gone wrong with the flight, at least initially. Being offloaded would normally be only open to those on flexible tickets in normal circumstances since most tickets sold wouldn't allow for a flight switch without extra charges. The app / BA.com still has the flight working as normal so no option there either.

That said after 2 hours delay informally, and 5 hours formally, people are free to seek alternative arrangements and so Contact Centres tend to be helpful then. The 5 hour aspect is both in the Conditions of Carriage and EC261, and it's worth bearing in mind since in addition to being rebooked, the passenger can get a refund, and thus look at other airlines if the airport isn't rebooking people.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 2:41 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Anyone on the LHR rebooking, will be in the lounge from 1230 or so. With toddler, say hi. Proactively booked the garden inn prior to cancellation as it was obvious nothing was going to get in, so feeling proper smug now...

We were told it was a night stop, but subsequently rebooked, not sure what is happening with the return LGW plane which was diverted to Granada. Anyone got any ideas?

The queue for hotel vouchers was very long and no agents, so I imagine that lasted into the small hours with everyone wanting a five minute rant.
Brainless69 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.