Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Excuse my anxiety - dreamliner

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2019, 1:15 am

Programs: RFC
Originally Posted by Worcester
Well it seems we can add Herpetologist to the frankly astonishing list of CWS attainments.

I think it should be noted that as far as I am aware no one in western Europe has ever been killed by Snake poisoning.
Average of ~4 a year in the EU. And the term is envenoming, not poisoning.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by TomMM
An ANA 787 recently had both engines shutdown upon landing. Crew couldn't restart them and they were towed to the gate.

https://www.aerosociety.com/news/ana...gine-shutdown/
Not something that could happen in the air though. It was a protection system that was triggered because the pilots selected reverse thrust too quickly after touching down.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

True,but lack of reverse thrust could have consequences on the ground.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 8:40 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
I am not sure why everyone is so focused on the 787 and it's carbon fiber , AB began using carbon fiber on their old 300 series vertical stab, does anyone remember their crash out of JFK ? Hmmm If one goes back to the beginnings of 737 it had a load of vertical stabilizer issues, vertically ALL planes have had issues in the very beginning. At the end of the day flying is as safe as ever. For Gods sake let's move on with the 787 I love that bird
Old Jan 27, 2019, 8:55 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Think we've reached the stage where the OP's concerns have been discussed and addressed, so we'll close the thread at this point.

I'm pretty sure that BA doesn't yell "For Gods Sake GET A GRIP !" at nervous attendees on it's Fear of Flying courses ….
MiraculousM likes this.

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Jan 27, 2019 at 9:40 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.