Wiki Posts
Search

City Flyer CE MAN-ALC

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2019, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

City Flyer CE MAN-ALC

Evening all

Have searched here, HFP and elsewhere and cannot find a single review or information concerning this flight.

Booked on it for June. Would appreciate any pointers re: food expectations (who fulfills the catering?) and how busy CE is on these flights. I know I’ll have next to no time in the lounge as the flight departs at 05:55 so I’m hoping the breakfast will be similar to LCY departures. The flight in general must be profitable for BA to be running it for its third year so I assume it’ll be busy, especially as it’s price point was comparable to its Jet2 and Ryanair rivals.

Is T3 security still a horrific mess at 5am on a Saturday?

Thanks in in advance for any information.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 11:51 pm

BACF

Hot breakfast in CE

Manchester Airport security OK with fast track which you get anyway
Bueno Appetito!
Jimbojumbo likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 12:21 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
I can’t comment on the flight.

Lounge at MAN will be open, but has limited breakfast offerings.

However, I would not be attempting to arrive at MAN for 5am for a flight at 5.55am. MAN security has a poor reputation, and even with fast track it can be painfully slow. Saturday morning in June will be seeing a number of people on their once a year holiday with no idea how security works. And because FT merges in the belt with ordinary security, you have no way of avoiding them. Then you have the staff at MAN. Followed by notorious secondary screening procedures.

I would not want to arrive any later 4.30am.
Markie likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 12:57 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Newrest supplies the catering for this flight, as they do for most LCY services including night stop breakfasts. I think there may be some exceptions connected with being a long time away from LCY or STN, where catering is supplied locally rather than from Barking, but this flight isn't going to be one of them.

I've got a recent BACF night stop breakfast photo but I'll post it in the main BACF catering thread.
Jimbojumbo likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 1:40 am

Brekkie !

Catered locally by Newrest.....
Old Jan 20, 2019, 3:05 am

Programs: BA GGL
Took this flight on a Saturday last August. Was through FT security within a few minutes, airport actually quiet (maybe as it was so early, I think one of the first flights), arrived at lounge just as they were opening it and had time for breakfast in the lounge. I was in economy, but I think there was some kind of food offering (maybe a breakfast toastie or something similar). I'm not sue if BoB has been introduced in economy this year. Flight itself seemed pretty full.
Jimbojumbo likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 4:44 am
Suspended

Does a night stop breakfast spend the night in the galley on the aircraft?
Old Jan 20, 2019, 4:48 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by richardwft
Yes, in a chiller box.
FlyerTalker39574 likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 4:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by madfish
I can’t comment on the flight.

Lounge at MAN will be open, but has limited breakfast offerings.

However, I would not be attempting to arrive at MAN for 5am for a flight at 5.55am. MAN security has a poor reputation, and even with fast track it can be painfully slow. Saturday morning in June will be seeing a number of people on their once a year holiday with no idea how security works. And because FT merges in the belt with ordinary security, you have no way of avoiding them. Then you have the staff at MAN. Followed by notorious secondary screening procedures.

I would not want to arrive any later 4.30am.
I think the issue I’ll have is as it’s the first BA flight of the day the check-in won’t be open until 4.30am (think I’ve read this but happy to be proved wrong as the thought of hitting MAN security less than an hour before departure -even with FT- is bringing me out in hives)
Old Jan 20, 2019, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by richardwft
As a rule yes, though BA Cityflyer do have catering arrangements at Manchester to service the three aircraft that are there over summer weekends, so I suspect this one isn't
Old Jan 20, 2019, 4:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I've got a recent BACF night stop breakfast photo but I'll post it in the main BACF catering thread.
Seen this. Thanks very much for the info.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 4:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by booogle
Took this flight on a Saturday last August. Was through FT security within a few minutes, airport actually quiet (maybe as it was so early, I think one of the first flights), arrived at lounge just as they were opening it and had time for breakfast in the lounge. I was in economy, but I think there was some kind of food offering (maybe a breakfast toastie or something similar). I'm not sue if BoB has been introduced in economy this year. Flight itself seemed pretty full.
Good news. Did the lounge open at 5am?
Old Jan 20, 2019, 11:12 am

Programs: BA GGL
I can't recall, it may have been 5 or 4.45.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.