Search

Six hours to kill at LHR

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2019, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Six hours to kill at LHR

Hi,

I am flying GLA - LHR - YVR and find myself with 6 hours layover at LHR.

I have lounge access but can't see myself spending that sort of time in a lounge (although you never know). I'd like to get some fresh air so would it be a good idea to go landside for T5 - T3 transfer and go for a wander.

Or just go to the lounge and stop overthinking?

Cheers
Old Jan 18, 2019, 11:59 am

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
If you have the time, take a trip out to Osterley Park. Only a few stops on the tube and nice gardens and a beautiful house.
https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/ost...park-and-house
Old Jan 18, 2019, 12:19 pm

Programs: All the usual suspects
Got something similar tomorrow, I'm going on the HEX into town for a mooch about.

My personal philosophy, which I'm fully aware wouldn't suit everyone, is simply any time spent in an airport not walking to or from the plane is pretty much wasted time
aircrashsurvivor likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 12:32 pm

Programs: BA, JAL
Unfortunate subject title.
scoonee, abligh, kosy91 and 4 others like this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
c. 6 hours with a good book in a comfy chair, with free F&B on tap, sounds like Paradise. We have to pay for our F&B at home.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Remember as you are going from T3 to YVR and per your profile as a BA Gold you will get access to all the T3 J/F lounges ( ie CX F & J, AA F & J, BA F & J and QF ( only a J lounge) . There is a dedicated T3 lounge thread here so lots of opportunties to lounge hop if you desire.

Regards

TBS
Old Jan 18, 2019, 1:08 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Interesting topic to follow as I will have a similar layover time when I fly to YVR in a few months (arriving from BRU at 11:35).

What will happen with the Brexit will perhaps have an impact on possible plans? I assume that simply connecting between flights won't be impacted (heavily) by the brexit, but going landside perhaps will?

Anyway, unless some interesting ideas pop up, I'm simply planning to take it easy, make the connection T5 > T3 without rushing and try out some lounges at T3. Lunch in one lounge, afternoon snacks and drinks in another one and then pre-flight dinner in yet another one.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 3:42 pm

Have a similar layover in June. I will be flying to iad in first. I plan on spending my time in the ccr.
twincheeks likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 3:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
Originally Posted by TimDP
Interesting topic to follow as I will have a similar layover time when I fly to YVR in a few months (arriving from BRU at 11:35).

What will happen with the Brexit will perhaps have an impact on possible plans? I assume that simply connecting between flights won't be impacted (heavily) by the brexit, but going landside perhaps will?

No changes planned as far as I know. Border control changes will follow within a couple of years due to the complexities involved.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 4:45 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
As this isn’t a BA issue, perhaps I might respectfully direct the OP towards the veritable plethora of threads in the UK & Ireland forum which give ideas as to how to best spend various numbers of hours in London and surrounds.

/mod

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.