Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat shifters - what’s going on here?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2019, 7:43 pm

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
Originally Posted by etiene
Seen some QR seatmaps recently going out with the entire front part of Y blocked and everyone shifted into the rear cabin...
I flew QR5 on Tuesday a 777 and the rear Y cabin was barely a third full with me sat on the aisle and passengers on the window and middle seats next to me. I never realised about weight distribution issues but asked the FA if I could move before take off and so I took the final row with no one in the 2 rows directly in front of me and no other passengers in any of the final 2 rows across the plane. Seat shifting into an empty Y row is nearly as pleasurable as getting a free upgrade.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 10:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Flew the the BA A380 to MIA couple months ago and it was only me and 3 others in the Y mini cabin on the upper deck. We used the middle seats as our beds and the window seats for lounging. Best 300EUR ticket ever spent,
Old Jan 31, 2019, 10:24 pm

Programs: Ba Silver ( for now!)
Incident: Jetstar A321 at Melbourne on Oct 29th 2015, difficulty to rotate aircraft for takeoff

one of many similar incidents of an out of centre of gravity aircraft.

Shifting relatively small amounts of weight some distance ( aircraft are quite long ) can make a big difference to the c of g, especially if the loading ( remember they carry cargo) was close to c of g limits In the first place. Arms and moments. Nice long spanner can exert a large force due to the same principal.

I flew light aircraft for 20 something years and used to assume that within reason where passengers sat made little difference to an airliner. I was wrong!
etiene likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 8:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I've just been seat shifted from 64k on a 747 to 16a on a 777. Didn't get my hopes up that I'd been shifted into F.
At least I'll have aisle access still.

My connecting flight has also been seat shifted to the same seat and aircraft.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.