Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA31 LHR-HKG in CW, which lounge??

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2019, 7:37 am

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Originally Posted by Misco60
Sometimes the T5B lounge is even more inviting than the First lounge, which is becoming a bit of a rowdy zoo.
I've not been to T5B before, but as someone who can use the First wing/lounge- is it worth heading to T5B instead of the Galleries First lounge? Galleries First has been pretty hectic most of the time that I've flown through it, thought it might have just been a 'peak hour' kinda issue...
Old Jan 14, 2019, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Koru Flyer

Not sure I get the question. Basically it is in a row A - B - C so B is in between A and C. It is not separate piers. Simply get off the train at B gates then when announced get back on the same train for B going to C.

Other choice is to walk, there is a great guide here on how to do it. Just take the elevator to the lowest level. I have done the walk with my two boys since they were five. Something different and fun and gets some exercise in us.

(As was posted you will need to know the walking route back in case you are from A10, very unlikely but be prepared as you cannot take the train back). You will get plenty of notice, just watch the boards.

Ignore all the signs on the boards when A gates to wait. Just go straight to B to enjoy a good lounge. You can also order champagne from the staff if that is your preference. Spa I think has less of a queue as well.

KF
Thank you for mentioning the passageways, I’ve never used it and it would be great for our little boy to burn off some energy before the flight.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 8:35 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
I got to use the T5b lounge for the first time on Jan 6th when flying back to LAX. I was originally at the CCR and headed to the B terminal via the tunnel shortly after the gate was announced. I got to the gate only to be told that there would be a 20-30 min delay in boarding (turns out the original aircraft went tech despite being on the ground for the last 23hrs) and was advised to head up to the lounge to wait. What an oasis of calm up there. This is how I remember what airport lounges used to be!

I wonder if next year I can ask the CCR to give me an LPGS sippy cup to go and I’ll hang out there instead!
Old Jan 16, 2019, 6:29 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by pythonisman
I've not been to T5B before, but as someone who can use the First wing/lounge- is it worth heading to T5B instead of the Galleries First lounge? Galleries First has been pretty hectic most of the time that I've flown through it, thought it might have just been a 'peak hour' kinda issue...
Well 5B is never going to be very busy, but as you go through the First wing into GF anyway, just decide based on how busy it is when you get there. GF has more food so it also depends on whether you want to eat the food on offer.
pythonisman likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 7:01 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
I agree with several other posters. The Lounge at T5B is awful. Stay away from it. Crowded, little food, and it's where they dump the rubbish wine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.