Search

Refund calculation for a WT+ UUA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2019, 9:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, CX MPC Gold, Avis preferred plus, MyWaitrose card
Refund calculation for a WT+ UUA

Hi there

Just wanted to check my understanding of how a refund is calculated for a WT+ ticket that I have UUA'd to CW...

The original booking was for 4 people (2 adults/2 children) and had the following rules:

Changes to your ticket
Time/date changes permitted at any time before each flight departure for a change fee of 1,400 HKD or an upgrade fee of 1,400 HKD plus any difference in fare. Changes subject to availability. Fees apply per ticket
Refunds
If the booking is cancelled before the first flight, a cancellation fee of 800 HKD per direction applies. At any other time there are no refunds except for any government & airport taxes..
Service fees
To cancel your booking it is 150 HKD online or 300 HKD by phone. To make changes to the date/time it is free online or 300 HKD by phone.
I read that as the service fee is per booking, whereas the cancellation fee is per leg/sector... does that then mean the total fees for cancelling the booking are HK$150 + (4persons x 2directions x HK$800) = HK$6,550?

Also, I assume that the avios are refunded in full?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 6:59 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
You have the cancellation fees calculated correctly; the service fee might be different now that Avios are involved. You're on the right track though.

Yes, the Avios are refunded as long as the booking is cancelled prior to 24hrs before departure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.