Wiki Posts
Search

Routing help

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2019, 2:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Elite, HH Diamond
Routing help

I wanted to try the baby bus on my next trip to vegas (via JFK), and come back from vegas via LAX to try the 787-9 in F, is this in any way possible? (flying from Ireland, last week of october), I would prefer not have to book separate tickets if possible... budget about 2.5k euro.

I've found a few routings for the return in the 787-9 but haven't found a route in on the baby bus (even without the 787-9 return). Thanks!!
Old Jan 10, 2019, 2:25 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Can you give the outbound and return dates as well please? And perhaps an example of the 787 dates and fares?

Essentially it should be possible, I can't see an obvious blocker since JFK isn't going to wreck the maximum permitted mileage to LAS.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 3:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Elite, HH Diamond
Red face

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Can you give the outbound and return dates as well please? And perhaps an example of the 787 dates and fares?

Essentially it should be possible, I can't see an obvious blocker since JFK isn't going to wreck the maximum permitted mileage to LAS.
actually I think I've cracked it! was originally intending on travelling on 26th oct to 1st nov, but I didn't realise BA1 only runs week days, so I've managed to change to EI from ORK on 24th and take the BA1 on the 25th (might try both on 25th and take the early morning EI on 25th)

Unfortunately on the return leg I get the A380 or 747 from LAX but comes in on budget so far as well around 2600 (without the 787-9 F)

is it possible to check in luggage the whole way for multi-city bookings? I can travel light though so might not need to.

apologies for the late reply... newbie 5 post/24 hr limit got me!
Old Jan 10, 2019, 12:49 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by W213Sal
is it possible to check in luggage the whole way for multi-city bookings? I can travel light though so might not need to.
Multi city bookings is just a mechanism for getting a fare quote, it doesn't change the luggage position one bit. You can't check ORK-LHR/LCY-JFK-LAS, you have to take your bags between Heathrow and City. You can through check LCY-LAS in theory, but you must mention the bag to the gate agent on arrival into JFK, or be willing to carry the bags to T8 (which may be a good idea anyway). For the return probably you can through check, making some guesses as to your precise routing.

For the 200€ First uplift - Multi City can't cope with different cabins so tactically you best book it online then call up to see if the agent can get the First fare for you. If you are seeing it on particular date combinations it may be available on the LCY routing too. But you must call within 24 hours of booking, you won't pay a change fee or telephone fee, but you would have to pay the fare difference.
W213Sal likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.