Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Two return flights to same city on same PNR - possible?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2019, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA (LTG), Miles&More (whatever the lowest level is), Oyster card (zones 1-2)

I need to go to Brussels a couple of times in the next few days, both day trips. I can't book these together on BA.com as it won't allow the same journey to be repeated on the same PNR. I can of course do two separate bookings, but the price works out at nearly twice as much as it would be as the one single booking that prices up when I pop the details of both trips into Google Flights.

Expedia seems to offer the ability to book it all as one ticket. However I am a little reluctant to book through them (in fact I've never used them before), even though it's a relatively simple out-and-back (albeit twice) and I won't need to change the flights once booked.

Is there any risk that the ticket wouldn't be accepted by BA or something similar when I try to check in if I go for it? As the first flight is on Thursday I am guessing the ticket will be under BA's control from tomorrow morning at OLCI anyway in case there's a problem.

I suppose I could just nest one set of flights within the other, but I'd prefer the protection of having it all on one ticket. And I cant do the train alas, as the timings don't work.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
No, I don't see any problem with it. It can hardly be mistaken for a duplicate booking if it's all ticketed together.

If you'd prefer to book directly with BA, why not call them and have them price it?
Anonba likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:17 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
no risk, and BA can do it on the phone.
Anonba likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA (LTG), Miles&More (whatever the lowest level is), Oyster card (zones 1-2)
Thanks all - no idea that BA could do it - I will give them a call.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 12:55 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Yes, posssible. Luggage can’t be checked through though ;-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.