FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Ask the staffer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1949283-ask-staffer.html)

Can I help you Feb 2, 2023 9:35 am

Yes please do, the minimum that they will do is give him a card from all the crew.

Flyerandmedic Feb 2, 2023 9:46 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you (Post 34979141)
Yes please do, the minimum that they will do is give him a card from all the crew.

Ah that would be so cute!

AmaaiZeg Feb 2, 2023 10:35 am

Wish I was an engineer :). Wheel change video : He seems to attach a hose that increases wheel pressure? I don’t understand, what is it that makes the wheel lift up?

Ancient Observer Feb 2, 2023 10:45 am

I thought the gadget that raised the set of tyres/undercarriage was simply "borrowing" compressed air from the tyre.

AmaaiZeg Feb 2, 2023 10:49 am

Oh, not just a case of opening a valve like on a bike then? :)

flabound Feb 2, 2023 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by Flyerandmedic (Post 34979136)
I'm taking my son to Washington in CW to celebrate him finishing medical school - is it worth telling the cabin crew?

PS - don't expect anything at all but if there is anything the crew would do to make him feel special?

I'm sure this happens often but I would be keen to hear BA staffers thoughts :)

i took my daughter to Washington on her birthday in First, and on the 380. it was her first time in First and when I mentioned it to the CC she got a birthday card signed by all the crew including the Captain AND a bottle of bubbly. They were fantastic and treated her so well

nilsfr69 Feb 2, 2023 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you (Post 34979141)

the perfect minimum they could do.... is put on all the leftover PPEs they might have still onboard and serve him in that including mask etc. makes him feel so much more like he is back in school :))))
"We hear you are the designated Doctor today on board......"

nilsfr69 Feb 2, 2023 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by Ancient Observer (Post 34979358)
I thought the gadget that raised the set of tyres/undercarriage was simply "borrowing" compressed air from the tyre.

that gadget seem to me, like totally unsecured against rolling away.... or am I just stupid/blind?

srbrenna Feb 3, 2023 2:39 am

The pressure of the old tyre is used to jack up the wheel hence the hose.

BOH Feb 3, 2023 2:51 am

Originally Posted by nilsfr69 (Post 34980879)
that gadget seem to me, like totally unsecured against rolling away.... or am I just stupid/blind?

Aircraft stands and Maintenance areas (to the best of my knowledge) are generally very, very flat though :D

MattHedges Feb 3, 2023 3:44 am

You are usually told in advance when someone is being deported. If other passengers try to interfere with legal law enforcement and prevent a deportation what is your protocol.

MattHedges Feb 3, 2023 3:47 am

Originally Posted by BOH (Post 34981233)
Aircraft stands and Maintenance areas (to the best of my knowledge) are generally very, very flat though :D

True. But I have witnessed on CCTV a boarding ramp, which was unsecured, travel a considerable distance in a bad winter storm and crash into a parked EZY 737. The aircraft was in hangar for weeks.

Waterhorse Feb 3, 2023 4:06 am

Originally Posted by MattHedges (Post 34981297)
You are usually told in advance when someone is being deported. If other passengers try to interfere with legal law enforcement and prevent a deportation what is your protocol.

We don’t discuss that sort of thing, sorry

BOH Feb 3, 2023 4:07 am

Originally Posted by MattHedges (Post 34981308)
True. But I have witnessed on CCTV a boarding ramp, which was unsecured, travel a considerable distance in a bad winter storm and crash into a parked EZY 737. The aircraft was in hangar for weeks.

Yes that's true, winds and mild jet blast of course have to be accounted for too in these areas. Wouldn't want a wheel going astray in those areas and gaining any sort of momentum, good old Force = Mass x Acceleration etc etc:eek:

MattHedges Feb 3, 2023 4:08 am

Can CC amend a passengers meal choice on BA app during a flight.

I had stupidly changed my meal preference on my BA profile to Hindu meal. Never liked it and forgot to correct my error. Next flight a few months later a Hindu meal was given to me and it clicked that I had not amended my meal choice. Polite CC said. Not to worry. Gave me a std meal and said she would change my meal preference on my profile later. Can she?