Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold membership - lounge pass?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2019, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Gold membership - lounge pass?

I received my gold membership card back in September. As did my colleague. We both were chatting recently and he received a gold “lounge pass” to give to anyone else even if he was not flying on the same flyer the person he gifted it to.
I did not receive the same lounge pass to give to a guest, yet I had more tier points and Avios and a member for longer.
Anybody else received similar or heard of this before?

Thanks
Old Jan 4, 2019, 10:12 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Never heard of this. The closest is the partner cards that you receive when qualifying for GGL at 5,000TPs or when renewing GGL at 3,000.

Welcome to FT. You have certainly come to the right place to get an answer to your question.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 10:13 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Emcgrath89
I received my gold membership card back in September. As did my colleague. We both were chatting recently and he received a gold “lounge pass” to give to anyone else even if he was not flying on the same flyer the person he gifted it to.
I did not receive the same lounge pass to give to a guest, yet I had more tier points and Avios and a member for longer.
Anybody else received similar or heard of this before?

Thanks
Welcome to FT Emcgrath89!

I have never seen any reports of any gold lounge passes before. I have a feeling your friend is having you on

As a gold you can guest one person if that person is on a oneworld operated and marketed flight. Also BA has in recent holiday periods given targeted extra lounge guesting abilities for you to guest more than one person in. However, I don't think I have ever seen BA allowing people to use the lounge when the status passenger is not present.

EDIT: as noted by madfish there is also the partner cards which you can give if you achieve 5000 TPs or renew GGL at 3000 TPs.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 10:16 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
He might be talking about the Golden Ticket, which he perhaps has misunderstood!
1Aturnleft and OldFruity like this.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 10:56 am

Programs: BA Gold
Didn't BA offer extra lounge passes to certain gold members flying from Heathrow in December.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 11:01 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by eugegall
Didn't BA offer extra lounge passes to certain gold members flying from Heathrow in December.
not passes as such, just an ability to guest in up to 5 people on the same booking so the gold card holder had to be there too.

Some details here of the recent one which seemed to only go to some golds “Lounge access for up to 5 guests when you fly” [Targetted] offer
eugegall likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 11:02 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by eugegall
That was via email and not a physical "pass". I agree that the colleague is either joking or is talking about the Golden Tickets.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
An the Christmas offer the guests had to be travelling on the same flight as the host not just any flight
Old Jan 4, 2019, 11:11 am

Programs: BA*GGL, A3*G, AF*P, VS*S
Originally Posted by Sealink
He might be talking about the Golden Ticket, which he perhaps has misunderstood!
Well, it might work for both, if the friend's friend simply walks up to the lounge dragon, and says "I'll give you this if you let me in..."
Sealink likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.