Wiki Posts
Search

Celebs on BA | 2019 edition

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
Originally Posted by AlbaGuBrath
Brian May in T5 GF as we speak.
I used to see him fairly frequently out and about shopping on Kensington High Street, but not for a few years. On one occasion about twelve years ago I found myself with him and a couple of his family trying on morning suits for size in Moss Bros, he was complaining he’d become a 34” waist. He seemed like a very nice down to earth chap,
NoY and AlbaGuBrath like this.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 10:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by AlbaGuBrath
Brian May in T5 GF as we speak.
Remember seeing pics and videos of him with the other Guitar legend Steve Vai earlier this week.
NoY likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 3:02 pm

Leo Sayer was in 1C on BA560 to Rome on 25JUN
​​​​​​
Old Jun 29, 2019, 9:51 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Fontana
Remember seeing pics and videos of him with the other Guitar legend Steve Vai earlier this week.
They were at the Starmus Festival in Zurich with keyboard/piano wizard Rick Wakeman
AlbaGuBrath likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 3:26 am

Programs: LH, BA, AA
Hugh Grant with I think his father in the Concorde room last year; also Prince Charles ... ok not celeb but royal ... (and his guards and yes with guns onboard) last year also from LHR to ZRH, he was the last one to board with a strictly reserved overhead compartment for him in Row 1 .. he was in 1A and I was sitting in Row 2. Curtain closed for business class the entire flight and cabin crew strictly enforcing traffic into business class the entire flight.
IAMORGAN likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 2:09 pm

Programs: BA exec, HHonors Diamond
12th Jun. Liverpool Manager Klopp on BA shuttle MAN - LHR row 1 in front of me and Mrs T.

I've left it a couple weeks to post to allow some privacy.

He was in the Galleries Lounge at MAN, boarded and had like all in Club an uneventful flight, no mither, all enjoying the service/privacy. CC great, discreet, attentive - a credit to BA

On disembarkation we walked up behind him and his good lady. Worst bit was T5 connections - he queues up dead quiet with Mrs K and suddenly a 'noob' ground staff BA lad (circa early 20's ) in full uniform comes up like a football thug interrupts him and his wife, grabs his hand, demands a selfie and walks off telling the whole corridor- bad form.

I felt sorry for him. I hope he enjoyed the rest of his holiday.

Appreciate people in the public eye are subject media/public attention, just seemed wrong to me that a fully uniformed BA member of staff would be the one to break their up til then privacy.
Im not a Liverpool fan btw.
T

It turned out his onward flight was from T3 and he and his lady then made their way.
contractor, wanderingjock and H2L like this.

Last edited by Telecasterman; Jul 2, 2019 at 3:25 pm
Old Jul 6, 2019, 1:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Hillary Clinton, the secret service men and her entourage on board BA4465 from Dublin to London City on 27 June.

She was in 4A, I was in 3A.

Hillary didn't take the hot towel service or any food or drink. Arrived after everyone was seated in two Dublin Airport Platinum Service cars. As there was no overhead space, Hillary's bag was put into the hold. The problem with boarding last, it seems!
Old Jul 6, 2019, 2:08 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by FlightDetective
Hillary Clinton, the secret service men and her entourage on board BA4465 from Dublin to London City on 27 June.

She was in 4A, I was in 3A.

Hillary didn't take the hot towel service or any food or drink. Arrived after everyone was seated in two Dublin Airport Platinum Service cars. As there was no overhead space, Hillary's bag was put into the hold. The problem with boarding last, it seems!
Did they fly the Dublin cars in the hold as well
Old Jul 6, 2019, 2:24 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by FlightDetective
Hillary Clinton
Best sighting this year....for this ol' Yank.
Shahar and EDIwanderer like this.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 4:49 pm

Programs: BA Blue, SPG Silver
Ok, this was last year (I don't fly often) but Brian Eno was on my flight in CE from TXL-LHR.

He was very nice when I thanked him for everything he has done in music.
Fraser, NoY and missdimeaner like this.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 1:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Did they fly the Dublin cars in the hold as well
Back to grammar school it is for me
Old Jul 9, 2019, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Big Narstie (nope I didn’t know who he was either) on my TFS-LGW Sunday evening. Younger folk were quite excited to see him.
no2blues likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 3:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Big Narstie (nope I didn’t know who he was either) on my TFS-LGW Sunday evening. Younger folk were quite excited to see him.
What? I thought he only showed up in my toilet each morning at around 7.30am. Maybe it’s worth putting it up on Insta?
Tilly71 and no2blues like this.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 8:08 pm

Spotted John Legend, Channing Tatum, -and- Emily VanCamp LHR-LAX a few weeks ago. All of us in First. Legend was super chill, sipping wine and watching movies, dazing most of the flight. Channing was super paranoid, sun glasses, hat, jacket, blanket the entire flight, hiding and on/off his laptop. Emily was just hanging out.

John was seated closest to the door. As soon as we landed and the door opened, he was first off. Straight to the elevator at the remote gate at LAX, into an SUV, he was literally gone in less than two minutes and I was immediately behind him most of the way.

Channing on the other hand did not pay for the luxury treatment. He was met by premium services, but had to take the bus just like everyone else back to the terminal, and then used the Global Entry kiosk next to me!
Newbtravelle likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 7:59 am

Programs: HH Diamond, RR Platinum, BA Gold
Not my best celeb spot but had former PM Gordon Brown on my flight from EDI-LCY last week. Only 4 of us in J; Gordon, two of his security detail and me... all of us sat in row 2 for some reason.

Interestingly when I was in the security queue I received a text from BA asking me to go to the check in desk before going through security for "operational reasons". Assumed aircraft change and that everyone had received the same message but when I got there they just checked my boarding pass and ID, then sent me on my way... additional security check because of my seat buddy maybe?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.