Wiki Posts
Search

Price drop

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Price drop

I booked a holiday in the BA sale and was surprised to see that the price has now dropped (not significantly, but enough to annoy me). Do BA have a price guarantee / refund the difference for this sort of thing?

Thanks.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:45 am

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL
No. Afraid not.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:51 am
Original Poster

They are also offering a free room upgrade (that I didn't get).
Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Nope - it's just the risk that you take at the time of booking!
Old Jan 3, 2019, 9:13 am

Programs: BA Silver
If the difference is more than your deposit, you could cancel?
Old Jan 3, 2019, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's like buying a suit now at Marks for 50% off - and then seeing it next week at 70% off - hold your nerve or be happy with the price you paid ..
Old Jan 3, 2019, 9:44 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Your annoyance will be cancelled out by your sense of relief when you are not invoiced when the price goes up.
JAXBA, flatlander, stevie and 5 others like this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Thanks all - I thought that might be the answer!
Old Jan 3, 2019, 10:42 am

Programs: BA Gold , Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Adstring
They are also offering a free room upgrade (that I didn't get).
All responses so far are accurate - ultimately you were happy with the price and deal when you booked. All I would say is that I have had similar situations in the past and I have called the friendly staff at BA and dependent upon whether the hotel element of the booking is changeable (some are) you could ring and explain your situation and see what options you may have (or not as the case may be).

By way of a tip when booking on BA Holidays, I always review the room options when booking as it is clear some are non refundable/changeable and some are - this sometimes helps when the need arises to change rooms or look at a change in offer.

Ultimately, it hurts not a jot to call, be pleasant and ask the question expecting a big NO but you may be surprised. You will lose nothing by doing so!

Good luck!
Old Jan 3, 2019, 11:33 am

This is why one should not check the price after one has already booked :P if the price difference including the value of the room upgrade is more than the cancellation penalty, you could cancel and rebook at the newer deal?
Often1, Takiteasy and imkevinmc like this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Adstring
I booked a holiday in the BA sale and was surprised to see that the price has now dropped (not significantly, but enough to annoy me). Do BA have a price guarantee / refund the difference for this sort of thing?.
When the BA prices rises do you contact BA and tell them you want to give them more money?
nancypants and FrogTastic like this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 4:26 pm
ECR

Originally Posted by Agneisse
This is why one should not check the price after one has already booked
That is very good advice, but unfortunately it is one on those things you can't help yourself from doing. I would do this with hotel bookings as well as flights. I can feel all smug when the price has risen, but annoyed with myself rather than the hotel or airline when the price has gone down because I haven't chosen the perfect moment to book!

I do find that I tend to win more than I lose though so i can't complain.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 7:03 pm

Programs: Mucci de l'Arbitrage
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
When the BA prices rises do you contact BA and tell them you want to give them more money?
Naively maybe, I would have expected the sale prices to be the lowest available for the near future.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 10:18 pm

Sounds reasonable... but any sale has to start at a discrete point.....so there will ALWAYS be the opportunity to buy JUST before the new offer....
Old Jan 4, 2019, 12:28 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I had a similar case a few years ago. Bought during the "sale" and found the price had dropped by a few hundred quid the day after the sale ended. I only checked to find out how much I had saved compared to non-sale prices!

I (hopefully) contacted BA and asked what could be done, since it meant the "sale" was in fact the complete opposite. Nothing could be done.

I now take the sale prices with a huge pinch of salt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.