Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Booking a (slightly) complex itinerary through BA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2019, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

I'm trying to book a flight from DUS to DPS with two nights in HKG as below (the way back can also be via HKG):

I can get the same flights via BA.com if I search for DUS-DPS, but with no break in HKG. If I add a stop in HKG, it goes completely mad and offers me connections from HKG to DPS via Qatar and/or Australia...

I feel like I'm quite close, and the above is bookable according to ITA and flightnetwork.com seem happy to book it, but I'd rather go direct - do you think I can get this done on the phone if it's showing on ITA?
Old Jan 2, 2019, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

I have a very keen agent from TravelCenterUK on the case now - looks very promising, can anyone comment?
Old Jan 3, 2019, 12:19 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Just call BA and tell them what flights you want. They should be able to book them for you.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 1:58 am

I run into this problem each time I fly to somewhere in Asia via HKG and want to stop over. The BA website immediately throws up a "we don't fly this route" (or comes up with a stupid crazy routing). I was told by people on this forum that it's to be expected, as once a transit becomes a stop-over it's no longer viewed as a pure BA ticket (as it's Cathay that will take me from HKG to where I want to go) and the BA website won't book a Cathay ticket.

So I ring up, get the fee waived, and book over the phone.

it's really irritating and for my next Asia trip I'll probably just fly Cathay the entire route.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by adrianlondon
So I ring up, get the fee waived, and book over the phone.
Reassuring that this is possible then - good news, I'll try later!
Old Jan 3, 2019, 4:35 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
If you're passing through Heathrow soon, you can also get the customer service desks there to ticket a complex itinerary. While those desks last, of course...
just_starting likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 6:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flatlander
If you're passing through Heathrow soon, you can also get the customer service desks there to ticket a complex itinerary. While those desks last, of course...
Ah - brilliant idea! Is that the same desks that check in luggage in the First Wing, or the ones all the way North?

I'd much prefer that, was dreading the thought of reading out flight details for 20 minutes...
Old Jan 3, 2019, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Quick update - got it priced up within 3 minutes on the phone by a very competent agent, I'm very surprised!
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 9:38 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by just_starting
Ah - brilliant idea! Is that the same desks that check in luggage in the First Wing, or the ones all the way North?

I'd much prefer that, was dreading the thought of reading out flight details for 20 minutes...
You can get it ticketed in the GC South lounge as well

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.