Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

19 reasons to fly with British Airways in 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

19 reasons to fly with British Airways in 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by subject2load
Thanks for coming back c-w-s. Interesting points.

There are indeed so many variables, as you highlight. I guess this all deserves a thread of its own so I don’t wish to take this particular one too far OT.

But just a little anecdote by way of illustration of the surrounding complexities : at a travel industry reception some time ago, I was party to an informal chat where somebody took perverse delight in telling a commercial manager employed by the carrier he had just travelled with, that there were so few passengers on his flight that “there is no way you can make money like that ....” The manager asked calmly what the route was, and then responded by saying “hmm .... low passenger loads are never ideal, but that particular route just happens to be our best performer in terms of cargo revenue”. So .... yes .... many layers, of which many folk can often be unaware.
Indeed it is multi layered and quite interesting. Plus it shows up why many of the armchair CEOs that frequent forums like this wouldn't have a scooby in the real world
Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:44 am

Programs: BA, JAL
I mostly like the lounges, the very basic simple booking of redemptions, and knowing it's easy to accumulate avios.
The programme viewed separately is better than the airline. Easy to get status and nice rules for keeping it, though the taxes, surcharges/fees seem excessive.
Airline - customer service can be incredibly poor, but that can probably be said for any airline. Some people take no pride in their job. What can BA do? It's the same in many businesses in uk and elsewhere.
T8191 likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by RollAnotherFatOne
I mostly like the lounges, the very basic simple booking of redemptions, and knowing it's easy to accumulate avios.
Exactly ... keeps me on-board.
The programme viewed separately is better than the airline. Easy to get status and nice rules for keeping it, though the taxes, surcharges/fees seem excessive.
I can live with T&F if the basic price is good. I refuse to get excited about T&F, TBH.
Airline - customer service can be incredibly poor, but that can probably be said for any airline. Some people take no pride in their job. What can BA do? It's the same in many businesses in uk and elsewhere.
Not my favourite airline on several aspects, but it takes me where we want to go safely and in reasonable comfort in J.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:15 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
No. 16 has not been implemented yet then..
LHR weather cancellations shorthaul - Tuesday 22 January 2019
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:28 am

Programs: BA Gold
Re 12 - would also be nice to see priority baggage that is actually prioritized.

On WTP bedding, I feel like calling it "bedding" is a bit generous given that there is no bed.
T8191 and rockflyertalk like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.