Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton hotels via BA holidays

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2018, 2:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SAA Voyager
BA Holidays have a range of wholesale aggregator suppliers for their hotels - BA do not purchase from Hilton directly which is why you don't earn points.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 5:09 am

Programs: BA Gold
No HH perks when I booked and stayed at Hilton Budapest. Just to note that despite the room description, they wanted to give me a non-refurbed room until I made a fuss which made me very unpopular. Also, arriving 10 minutes after the lounge closed (I booked and paid for executive room) - I asked for some bottled water (not allowed for free as status wasn't taken account of) and was told to drink the tap water in my room if I didn't want to pay for it! Not impressed.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 5:18 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by LondonCapeTownAnyday
BA Holidays have a range of wholesale aggregator suppliers for their hotels - BA do not purchase from Hilton directly which is why you don't earn points.
Had an interesting experience a couple of years ago... when a holiday was showing a major price difference within a couple of hours. BA can actually look at different suppliers for a particular hotel - so if you suspect there;s been an unusal price-hike- you can ask them to look at a different supplier. The agent explained to me that some suppliers offer different room categories/options and if the supplier is changed in the system (to suit a customer request) - it remains there as the default ... in my case, she changed it back and presto - the original lower price was available again.

Anyhow - that's how it was explained to me!
Old Dec 30, 2018, 6:20 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
From what I've seen in this area, when BA does a deal with hotels for a low rate for its bookings, that low rate seems to stick even when the hotel is filling up, So for some hotels they see the overall benefit of the arrangement with BA over and above their policies to charge the maximum possible. Corporate rates in this situation tend to drift upwards (they are often fixed percentage discounts) but BA's rate won't. So it does pay to shop around, particularly if standalone hotel prices seem a bit high.
BA Holidays will actually do both, having contracts with fixed rates and also rates that are percentage discounts (sometimes both with the same property), in addition to supply from wholesalers. Availability is likely to be limited by the hotels on the fixed rates, and while those rates will still stick when the hotel is filling up, once the allocated availability at that price is gone, it's gone. Also, there may be deeper discounts for package sales.

Originally Posted by LondonCapeTownAnyday
Not quite. BAH does use wholesale suppliers, but also has many direct agreements with individual hotels and chains. You would not usually earn points whether the booking was made by BAH via a wholesaler or its own direct contract, because either would likely be subject to a level of discount for which the chain is not willing to award points.

My personal experience is that in most cases Hilton properties give me some of the benefits for being Diamond on bookings via third parties, but not always all and not points. I'm ok with that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.