Wiki Posts
Search

The Club raffles...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2018, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold; Le Club Accorhotels Plat; Marriott Gold
The Club raffles...

Just curious, has any fellow poster ever won any of the raffles?

Example of raffles from the last issue:

Win two VIP tickets to the Carabao Cup Final at Wembley Stadium and a one-night stay at Dorsett City

Win a premium canvas and leather briefcase from Buckle and Seam

Win a mixed case of Prosecco DOC

Win a limited edition bottle of Rebel Rabbet’s Holy Trinity spirit
Old Dec 26, 2018, 3:06 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Someone reported a couple of months ago that they won something. I forget but it was like a lunch or bag type range rather than trip.
tenn_ace likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
The Club e-magazine, prize, we won!
Old Dec 26, 2018, 3:47 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
So this is a bit off topic, but back in the days when I was a pro arbitrage gambler, there was this thing I found where you could generate vast numbers of loyalty points at a German bookmaker by playing Top Trumps - essentially you would play for penny stakes and then every now and then there were bets that couldn't win and couldn't lose (Ronaldo was one, the original Brazilian one) and you'd lump hundreds on those to generate the points. And the loyalty points could be exchanged for cash (400 euros a month), merchandise (I got a PS2, several poker sets, t-shirts, footballs, and anything I fancied, there was stuff arriving every day and I've still got quite a bit of it in the loft), oh, and raffle tickets...

So the friend of mine who I'd told about it and who was also milking it generated enough loyalty points to buy every single raffle ticket for a VIP trip to see Real Madrid play. Which of course he duly won.

In comparison the BA raffles seem a little dull.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold; Le Club Accorhotels Plat; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
I will be so playing it from now on 😜
Old Dec 26, 2018, 8:58 pm

I cant even win on Raffles raffles.
Mordac, mtikky and msm2000uk like this.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 8:05 am

Programs: BA Bronze
These all get posted on some very well-used "comping" forums/sites so I would imagine the number of entries are a lot higher than you might expect. I have never won, although I did once win a weeks Med cruise on a line that was trying to increase UK market share- very nice indeed!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.