Wiki Posts
Search

Dropping last leg of itinerary

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2019, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by babats
I'm with dougzz on this one - I haven't seen anything on this thread which hasn't been explained in exactly the same language (countless times) previously.
Good for you... I really don't know what you are trying to prove by continuing with this attack on me starting the thread. Surely it isn't down to you to tell me what I understand and what I don't. I felt I needed to post and while you may have felt that previous posts/threads adequately explained the situation I did not... hence my post.

Why continue to try to convince me that I shouldn't have posted? I felt I wanted/needed to ask and so as a forum member I did. If you don't think you can personally contribute to this thread then don't post but please let those that can/want to help do so. Dissuading people from making legitimate posts or asking legitimate questions is, IMO, against the spirit of the forum.

This is my last post to this thread as I do now feel I understand the situation. Thanks to all those that helped
GCab likes this.

Last edited by snaxmuppet; Jan 4, 2019 at 9:46 am
Old Mar 22, 2019, 7:45 pm

A slight variation on this.

I booked BRU-LHR-PHX-LHR-BRU.

Plans changed (new wedding in the family) and instead of flying LHR-BRU, I need to fly to Malaga (AGP).

Repricing the tickets is insanely expensive.

Sadly, BA is the only carrier that flies to AGP. So, not only do I have to drop LHR-BRU segment, but I would have to book another flight LHR-AGP on the same day if I intend to make my plans work. The wedding is the following day, and I’m expecrsd to be at dinner.

There’s plenty of a layover such that connecting mostly likely it isn’t an issue. However, I’m worried that’s BA will see that I’ve boarded another BA flight instead of the one I booked.

Even if i book via a TA, BA will hve my passport info when I re check-in at Heathrow.

Thoughts?
Old Mar 22, 2019, 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by coltonatx
A slight variation on this.

I booked BRU-LHR-PHX-LHR-BRU.

Plans changed (new wedding in the family) and instead of flying LHR-BRU, I need to fly to Malaga (AGP).

Repricing the tickets is insanely expensive.

Sadly, BA is the only carrier that flies to AGP. So, not only do I have to drop LHR-BRU segment, but I would have to book another flight LHR-AGP on the same day if I intend to make my plans work. The wedding is the following day, and I’m expecrsd to be at dinner.

There’s plenty of a layover such that connecting mostly likely it isn’t an issue. However, I’m worried that’s BA will see that I’ve boarded another BA flight instead of the one I booked.

Even if i book via a TA, BA will hve my passport info when I re check-in at Heathrow.

Thoughts?

I've had no problems in ending up with 2 reservations ex LHR for the same day in the past when wanting to change my last sector & finding that a new separate ticket was cheaper (in fact I told the call centre when they gave me the change quote & no objection was raised...)
You'll possibly need to restrict yourself to hand baggage though.
If you're really worried, you could leave your BAEC number off the AGP booking but I really don't think it's necessary as both are valid bookings and if BA ever chose to chase the missed BRU sector, a no-show on the original final sector wouldn't invalidate a new and completely separate AGP booking.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 6:11 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by snaxmuppet
Good for you... I really don't know what you are trying to prove by continuing with this attack on me starting the thread. Surely it isn't down to you to tell me what I understand and what I don't. I felt I needed to post and while you may have felt that previous posts/threads adequately explained the situation I did not... hence my post.

Why continue to try to convince me that I shouldn't have posted? I felt I wanted/needed to ask and so as a forum member I did. If you don't think you can personally contribute to this thread then don't post but please let those that can/want to help do so. Dissuading people from making legitimate posts or asking legitimate questions is, IMO, against the spirit of the forum.

This is my last post to this thread as I do now feel I understand the situation. Thanks to all those that helped
Another element is that the world outside can change and it seems quite reasonable to me to ask again, given recent news stories (albeit non-BA).

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/n...a-skiplagging/

Although ‘search before asking’ is a standard expectation, where someone has done so but for whatever reason wanted to ask further, then filling half the thread with questioning why they’ve done so seems unwelcoming and pointless. Why even open the item, if the title doesn’t interest you?

Personally i’m glad it was asked as I’m doing the same next week and welcome the added (and up to date) reassurance.
snaxmuppet likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 5:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
As people have said there’s a whole lot could happen and one day that person that does it once will have their status cancelled and membership/Avios terminated.
Evidence?
Old Apr 7, 2022, 5:31 pm
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
DUB-LON-USA and LON-USA aren’t the same offerings. One is direct, and thus comes at a premium, and the other is not. Other countries’ airlines do exactly the same. Go see how much Emirates or Qatar charge for one 6 hour leg to Asia (starting at their home hub) instead of two (starting somewhere else). Twice the flights, half the price.

If you are happy with a connecting flight, you have plenty more options at lower prices, but direct, much less so. So why should BA charge both at the same price, when they can get more for one of them? A smaller factor, is the higher taxes of exUK.

Personally I’m fine with this, because I’m paying less than a third for my Vegas flights from Dublin (via London) than if I started in London. And I won’t even have to fly back to Dublin. Thank god for this forum and the knowledge it provides.

Last edited by PxC; Apr 7, 2022 at 5:39 pm
Old Apr 7, 2022, 11:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, Hertz President's Circle, HHonors Diamond
Does anyone remember when threads like this were packed with responses saying it’s not worth the risk?

And anecdotes of unspecified people who had lost their status or been invoiced for thousands.

I’ve dropped the last leg dozens and dozens of time with no downside.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by choosethedrew
I remember changing the country from UK to NZ on Air New Zealand’s website almost halved the cost of a set of domestic flights!
I have made use of that too!
choosethedrew likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.