Search

Can I use GUF2 to buy tickets for others

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2018, 5:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Was BA GGL but no longer travelling
Can I use GUF2 to buy tickets for others

Hi

I've read the excellent dashboard article re: GUF2, and I think I know the answer, but I'd like confirmation please.

I have a GUF2 expiring next April, and I'm about to earn another. I also have two GUF1 gathering dust.

Can I use a GUF2 to buy tickets for my parents to go to SYD from EDI. I would want to pay for WT+ then use the GUF2 to upgrade to J (or equivalent).

If I have read the dashboard correctly then in order to use GUF2 and NOT travel on the itinerary then I cannot book through a TA, it must be through BA, and then I am restricted to Avios availability in J (hens' teeth). Is that correct?

To confirm, I would like to use GUF2 and have two other people benefit, me not being one of them.

Many thanks, and apologies if this is clearly state din the dashboard, I did try.

Jim
orbitmic likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 5:43 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by HighwayToHEL
Hi
If I have read the dashboard correctly then in order to use GUF2 and NOT travel on the itinerary then I cannot book through a TA, it must be through BA, and then I am restricted to Avios availability in J (hens' teeth). Is that correct?
Yes that's all correct. If you are not travelling on the booking you can only use the GUF with a BA direct booking - and you would need reward availability. For a TA booking to use the GUF you must be on the booking.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 6:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Was BA GGL but no longer travelling
Thank you KARFA much appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.