Wiki Posts
Search

Paid seat selection

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2018, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Paid seat selection

Having booked a redemption in J LHR/DUR for December, 2019 I thought I'd get us some nice seats. Every seat was available so I chose 1A/1B on the 788. I thought that some seats were invariably blocked so those "higher up" the chain could get first dibs. I was quite surprised to see that my choice was there for the taking. Is that normal? Thanks.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 8:00 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
No it's normal. There are only 8 first seats on that 787-900 aircraft, the row 1 Gold block applies to 14 and 17 seat First cabins.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Ah thank you.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 8:10 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
No it's normal. There are only 8 first seats on that 787-900 aircraft, the row 1 Gold block applies to 14 and 17 seat First cabins.
Not to doubt our resident oracle, but I see ExpertFlyer still marks 1A/K on a 789 as premium-only seat. Are they incorrect?

Since the OP mentioned a 788 would 1A not be a CW seat and thus not subject to the usual rules for 1A/K being reserved to Golds when it is an F seat?
Old Dec 20, 2018, 8:13 am
Original Poster

I think this plane is Club, WT+ and WT with no First which is why I asked the question. I fully expected some seats to be blocked. I'm happy.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The OP is in J
Old Dec 20, 2018, 8:28 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by rapidex
The OP is in J
Ah OK I thought it was a 787-900 (and having recently been to Durban on this service I should have known this). But yes the row 1 in Club is only held back (sort of) in Club Europe, not Club World. I'd still go for row 3 however, so personally I don't see anything good or special about row 1.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 9:09 am
Original Poster

That’s interesting, may I ask why please?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.