Wiki Posts
Search

T5 A gates, it's a conspiracy.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2018, 4:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott lifetime platinum
T5 A gates, it's a conspiracy.

Thursday evening, made myself comfortable in Galleries North only to get A23 for my flight to Aberdeen. This morning deposited myself in Galleries South only to get A1 for Paris. BA seems determined to make me walk!
Old Dec 10, 2018, 4:57 am

Programs: Clan Loganair, BAEC (Blue4life), AMEX
I had a similar thing the other week.
Departures board said to go to T5C, only to get there and had to head back to T5A due to a gate change - I felt sorry for those who jumped on the train only to end up in arrivals
george77300 likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 5:36 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
And last week I had an A321 from B gates (which would have been fine if the gate had shown in reasonable time as I'd have happily ensconsed myself there). But it didn't.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 5:50 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by SomersetCyder
Thursday evening, made myself comfortable in Galleries North only to get A23 for my flight to Aberdeen. This morning deposited myself in Galleries South only to get A1 for Paris. BA seems determined to make me walk!
Go straight to the B-gates lounge - it's much quieter and all of the A Gates will seem a similar distance from you...
Old Dec 10, 2018, 5:58 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
I had a run where my monthly flights to HAM were from either B or, mostly, C.

In normal circumstances I would have welcomed it - I like the solitude of the tunnels and a leg stretch before I fly - but I was singularly less than impressed when the gate only appeared on the South lounge display boards between T-35 and T-40 on two occasions, particularly as I still had half a glass of wine to finish at the time and had convinced myself that at such a late stage an A gate was pretty much nailed on!

In true FT fashion, of course, I made sure I consumed the alcohol before even considering making a move for the gate ...
Old Dec 10, 2018, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by Foltan
Go straight to the B-gates lounge - it's much quieter and all of the A Gates will seem a similar distance from you...
I can't remember (although I know if I search hard enough) what the logistics are for getting back from B gates lounge to board a flight from A gates. I've always been too nervous to try it.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 6:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
It’s all part of BA’s “Health and Wellbeing” programme.
alex67500, HeyAussie and kosy91 like this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 6:29 am
DVT

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Pascoe
I can't remember (although I know if I search hard enough) what the logistics are for getting back from B gates lounge to board a flight from A gates. I've always been too nervous to try it.
You walk back through the tunnel
Old Dec 10, 2018, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by DVT
You walk back through the tunnel
That's it? Presumably you're saying that getting back through the tunnel is straightforward but using the train less so, right?

For some reason in my head I thought it was more complicated and involved knowing which special door to go through etc....

Cheers
Old Dec 10, 2018, 6:37 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Pascoe
That's it? Presumably you're saying that getting back through the tunnel is straightforward but using the train less so, right?
If you take the train back to T5A you must end up in the Arrivals stream, and therefore would need to clear Flight Connections - and security - and boarding pass revalidation - to stay cleared for airside. If you take the passageway you remain cleared and airside without further issue, More information in the Dashboard guide to the passageways for departing passengers.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 6:41 am

Sorry wasn't meaning to cause detailed replies CWS / DVT - I fully accept that on this occasion I was being a tad lazy and I do know this stuff is in the guide.

But thanks
Old Dec 10, 2018, 6:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If you take the train back to T5A you must end up in the Arrivals stream, and therefore would need to clear Flight Connections - and security - and boarding pass revalidation - to stay cleared for airside. If you take the passageway you remain cleared and airside without further issue, More information in the Dashboard guide to the passageways for departing passengers.
Thanks to CWS, even a directionally-challenged numpy like myself has managed to avoid the transit ever since the guide was published.
yellow_peril likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 6:42 am

I am on 458 tomorrow rather than 456 (so have some additional time in theory). Might therefore try this as the B Gates lounge is a tad quieter that time of morning I think.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 6:54 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Poor Darling. Now you imagine doing that in high heels. Most of you seem to have difficulty managing to walk straight after festering in the Lounges never mind anything else.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 7:56 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
glad BA flights to BOM always take off from B or C

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.