Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Redemption Finder Accuracy

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2018, 3:13 am
Original Poster

BA Redemption Finder Accuracy

Is BA Redemption Finder generally always accurate?

I have a reward flight booking in CW on BA175 LHR>JFK on 07 May 2019 and I've been checking regularly to see if availabilty becomes avialable in F. Redemption Finder is today showing availability in F on 07 May but when I try a dummy booking on the BA website there is no F availability across any of the flights to JFK that day.

Is there anything else I can use to check availability with some accurary on a regular basis without continually trying to make dummy bookings?

Thanks
Old Dec 10, 2018, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I think it only picks up live data once a day on the tool you're using - it's possible someone has snatched the Reward seats in the time between

You can pay the premium and have regular checks for space
Old Dec 10, 2018, 3:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
I think it only picks up live data once a day on the tool you're using - it's possible someone has snatched the Reward seats in the time between

You can pay the premium and have regular checks for space
My, perhaps incorrect, understanding is that if you sign up for a free email alert it is only a once a day check, but if you manually run a check now it should be using live data.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
No, I don't think the general search is live
Old Dec 10, 2018, 4:05 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
No, BARF is correct here: there are 4 (!!!) First seats to EWR. BARF uses City Airport codes, so NYC covers both JFK and EWR. There are 2 single seats to JFK but I am guessing you wanted more than one seat (?). There are also 7 LCY seats going for something different.

Don't forget (a) the BA Avios App (not the BAEC App) makes searching quick, though it uses the same interface. and (b) you can use My Recent Searches and Shortlist to make a daily check not much slower than BARF.
grantsteve and Thysk like this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 4:18 am
Original Poster

Cracked it! Thanks CWS
Old Dec 10, 2018, 9:11 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Don't forget (a) the BA Avios App (not the BAEC App) makes searching quick, though it uses the same interface. and (b) you can use My Recent Searches and Shortlist to make a daily check not much slower than BARF.
Is that the British Airways Executive Club Rewards App or is there another app I'm not aware of?
Old Dec 10, 2018, 10:01 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by no2blues
Is that the British Airways Executive Club Rewards App or is there another app I'm not aware of?
Sorry I wasn't totally clear there. There are two Apps in this space
1) The British Airways App, issued by British Airways plc (blue background) - this can identify Avios availability but requires regular login to work
2) The British Airways Executive Club Rewards app, issued by Avios Group (AGL) Ltd (white background) - which is an App which provides a lot of Avios earning and spending information but allows redemptions to be searched without constant logging in.

The second App is particularly useful if you are hunting down something on a regular basis.
T8191 and no2blues like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.