Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA 787 interior falling apart (G-ZBJB)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2018, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
BA 787 interior falling apart (G-ZBJB)

I've only twice flown on aircraft looking more knackered than G-ZBJB, which I flew on recently. One was a 727 operated by Syrian Arab Airlines, and the other was a Pan Am A300 in November 1991 (it collapsed on 4 December). At least, this was the case in Economy Class.

The foldable part of the left divider to WTP had fallen off:

The divider on the other side was still hanging on but fixed with tape.

All aspects of the seats were filthy and the hardware was battered.

Only two lavatories were available to WT and WTP passengers, because...

The doors on the inside of the operating ones were beginning to fall off

And the corners of the floor looked like they had not been cleaned in five years of operation.

And one of the loos flushed spontaneously and frequently. Is the fact that the toilet lids don't stay upright a feature (aiming to prevent men from urinating standing up) or a bug? If it's a feature, it doesn't stop them from trying, but it means that when sitting down, one are confronted not only by the uncomfortable protruding details of the inside of the lid leaning against one's back, but also the spray of urine covering them.

I actively avoid booking flights operated by 787 aircraft on all airlines that squeeze in nine people abreast, so maybe it's not only BA's that are not ageing well (although other airlines do clean their aircraft from time to time). Though one cannot exactly characterise BA as "one careful owner", maybe the light-weight composite design elements just don't last very long. But this aircraft is only five years old, and it's a depressing sight.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 12:50 pm

That toilet floor picture is beyond disgusting. How often do the planes get cleaned? That level of visible build up is an embarrassment. If you saw this in a local restaurant it would make you think twice about eating there.

Wasn't there a post about deep cleansing happening?
Old Dec 8, 2018, 12:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
OMG!! what did the CSD say?
Old Dec 8, 2018, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by icegirl
OMG!! what did the CSD say?
Didn't particularly see the point in telling him, as it was obviously beyond his control.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 1:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag
Didn't particularly see the point in telling him, as it was obviously beyond his control.
I see your point but this could have been a potentially serious health and safety matter. I am sure he/she was aware but if not it would be noted and perhaps brought to the Captains notice for further comment.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 1:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by icegirl
I see your point but this could have been a potentially serious health and safety matter. I am sure he/she was aware but if not it would be noted and perhaps brought to the Captains notice for further comment.
But the crew are there for our safety, so i’m sure if there were any health or safety matters they’d have been aware. No company serious about H&S would rely on public feedback would It?
Old Dec 8, 2018, 1:15 pm

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Health and Safety applies to everyone. Even BA.

They should not be so cheap that they risk the health of their staff and pax with this disgusting display.

The Regulator - CAA - at their Safety Division in LGW should be informed of this. The law gives them virtually unlimited authority to sort this out.

And, as others have said, when anyone comes across this, you must complain to the CSD and make sure that they submit a report on their ipad.
gordon0808, icegirl and argonath like this.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 1:16 pm
Suspended

Club World LHR CAI LHR - with pictures
Old Dec 8, 2018, 3:55 pm

Programs: None
Originally Posted by Mks6
That toilet floor picture is beyond disgusting. How often do the planes get cleaned? That level of visible build up is an embarrassment. If you saw this in a local restaurant it would make you think twice about eating there.

Wasn't there a post about deep cleansing happening?
I was on a 2 week old 737 Southwest plane in sept I couldn't believe it part of the ceiling panel was hanging down and the first 2 left overhead bins were twisted and they had to jam them shut I said to air Steward and he said this was not a one off the finishing quality in a few of their was terrible

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.