Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Menu, crockery and PJs in F today

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2018, 7:52 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze; Marriott: Gold
Originally Posted by orbitmic

i too would suspect from May with network-wide implementation taking a few months though I’d love to be wrong and for it to be fully on
With a bit of luck it may be the other way round - gradual roll-out from now to have completed by May.
Our next F flights will be in March and would love to see this new service. As we only fly on leisure, it will be a long time before we're in F again.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 1:54 pm

Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels
How funny that they are re-instating the canapes and 'bistro' selection which were enhanced away some years ago. The last time I flew BA F (last year) the food really was very poor both in terms of selection and execution that I more or less gave up. I hope that BA gets its finger out and ramps up the improvements although they just seem to be turning the clock back a few years rather than a necessary quantum leap forward. The crockery needed updating anyway as that hasn't changed in over 10 years.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 2:01 pm

Programs: LH, BA, AA
I was on the JFK-LHR flight back Dec 5 ... food exactly the same as the picture shown, but not presented with new china/cutlery ... PJ the same old stuff ...
Old Dec 8, 2018, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by bakera
With a bit of luck it may be the other way round - gradual roll-out from now to have completed by May.
Our next F flights will be in March and would love to see this new service. As we only fly on leisure, it will be a long time before we're in F again.
Possible, but personally, I'd find it a little unlikely. That would make for a much, much shorter implementation period than for the J changes. I know that is fewer routes, crew to train, and seats but still...
Oaxaca likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 8:02 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k SPG Platinum
im excited I have two F flights booked for May, I hope the new service is not delayed.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:52 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL
Looks good, hopefully there will be better bedding as well.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 3:40 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
This looks very positive - the CW service now is a step up, so I guess F needs to be improved too. Maybe more scope for that if going forward it’s on fewer flights with fewer seats.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 4:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, BA Amex Premier
Originally Posted by Soupdragon62
Here's what they are offering on 279 NYE this year.

I had the Asian Bhudda bowl on Sunday - it was the worst meal I've ever eaten on a plane.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 5:04 am
vga

Programs: yes
Are the PJs nicer than the current ones?
Old Dec 15, 2018, 3:56 am

Programs: BA Executive club
Has anyone heard any more about the rollout of the first improvements?

im flying my first first LHR-MEX on 23 April so wondering how likely we are to see the changes
Old Dec 15, 2018, 4:18 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by gilfiom
I had the Asian Bhudda bowl on Sunday - it was the worst meal I've ever eaten on a plane.
what on earth is a Buddha bowl?
Old Dec 16, 2018, 3:10 am

Programs: UA, AA, Hyatt
Originally Posted by Soupdragon62
Here's what they are offering on 279 NYE this year.

Any feedback on this menu, other than to avoid the Buddha Bowl? Omnivore is planning on turbot.

I'm vegetarian (not vegan) and undecided what to do. Usually special meals, even when I say I eat eggs and cheese, end up being vegan health food, and I miss out on cheese plate. But the "root vegetable hash" doesn't sound great either, has anyone tried it?

Flying LHR to DFW later this week, if it makes any difference.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 11:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, AS Gold 75k, IHG Aspire, Marriott Titanium , National Exec Elite, Amex Plat
I'd say the PJs were a very slight step up but I don't think they were the final product as they were unbranded and plain black. I'd assume they will be blue and have some branding.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 3:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Let's hope they roll out the trial on the CPT flights, so that FTers can be fully involved in the testing after picking up all those cheap First deals.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
This looks very positive - the CW service now is a step up, so I guess F needs to be improved too. Maybe more scope for that if going forward it’s on fewer flights with fewer seats.
I wonder if the roll out will start with the 789.

BA must have a grid system for making announcements. Would love to know where First soft upgrade sits on the grid.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.