New Menu, crockery and PJs in F today

Old Dec 5, 18, 1:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, AS Gold 75k, IHG Plat Ambassador, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite, Amex Plat
New Menu, crockery and PJs in F today

Unless I really haven’t been paying attention there was a very different service on BA279 today to the usual F service. It looked like they were trying out some new items. The crockery and menu definitely seemed a step up (more starter options, more substantial 2nd meal service) and a patterned design on plates, saucers and tea pots. The PJs were definitely different to usual as they were black Temperley ones with no BA branding. All different to my last few F flights in the last week.

Was this a trial or something new that I missed in the news?
Old Dec 5, 18, 1:21 am

Programs: BAEC - Silver
There was an announcement that F would be getting a new soft product from May 2019, so perhaps this is a trial.
Old Dec 5, 18, 1:58 am

Programs: BA Gold
Strange route to try in on - but with 8 PAX tops in F I suppose it makes some sense
Old Dec 5, 18, 2:04 am

Programs: AA EP 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Now the important questions: were the PJs nicer than the current ones?
Old Dec 5, 18, 3:43 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by flatlander View Post
Now the important questions: were the PJs nicer than the current ones?
I'm not sure they could be any worse.
CloudGazer likes this.
Old Dec 5, 18, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, AS Gold 75k, IHG Plat Ambassador, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite, Amex Plat
PJs were a marginal improvement but the crockery and menu was a big step up, looking forward to seeing it rolled out next year.

SJC was also a trial route for the White Company bedding in J, there must be a good reason for it. Long enough route for 2 meal services and sometimes light loads perhaps?
Old Dec 5, 18, 10:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Virgin FC Red
We were also on this flight in F. We had been wondering why the pre order menu was not available, and I guess this was the answer. Overall, I was very impressed. We haven't travelled F for a couple of years, but I don't recall the food service being done on a silver tray back then. And I much preferred the trio of canapes to the amuse Bouche previously served. Also liked the concept of choosing sides.
Tobias-UK and AnaTravel like this.
Old Dec 5, 18, 10:47 pm

Menu

Canapes

Scallops

Turbot

Ice cream
Old Dec 5, 18, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Looks like significant improvement - or return to pre enhancement goods with proper canapés and bistro menu! Either way sounds very good, Shame my next F does not seem en course for the same experience.
Old Dec 6, 18, 12:08 am

For completeness here is the second meal menu. I didn't have a starter, but here is the prawn main and afters. Both very good!
Menu

Prawns

Afters
Old Dec 6, 18, 12:11 am

Certainly looks like an improvement (even if it is a trial)

Please do feedback to BA if you were impressed, as positive feedback of this trial will help to ensure that it gets rolled out network wide.
Old Dec 6, 18, 12:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
The presentation (and that bowl with the scallops, actually) are all very QR style... looks good.
Old Dec 6, 18, 12:43 am

Originally Posted by rossmacd View Post
Certainly looks like an improvement (even if it is a trial)

Please do feedback to BA if you were impressed, as positive feedback of this trial will help to ensure that it gets rolled out network wide.
Not sure about the OP but we were given feedback forms at the end of the flight asking a variety of questions, including how the service compared to other F products experienced in the last year. We duly completed so hopefully note is taken of what we said!
Old Dec 6, 18, 12:44 am

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Gold, Hertz President's Circle
The plating looks new but the silver tray service I had on my last BA First Class flight this summer (A380)
Old Dec 6, 18, 2:28 am

Could this to do with the new DO&CO contract being signed recently?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: