Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Do you think anyone at BA takes any notice of what we say?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do you think anyone at BA takes any notice of what we say?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2018, 5:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Sixt Gold
Of course they do. It is standard practice for any big corporate to monitor customer sentiment and insights, often using sentiment analysis tools that crawl the interwebs for information.

I guess FT is a great source, as there is little need for automated listening with almost all threads being somewhat relevant to BA. I would not be surprised if they had someone smart in one of their customer centres doing some daily scouting on here.

Whilst the chaps here are indeed not representative of the majority of travellers, they are 1) very expert and 2) high profit generators thus I guess their opinion counts to some degree.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 6:16 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Delta Platinum medallion
I would think FT is an invaluable resource for BA when trying to find unintended (ie adverse to BA) consequences of changes made to frequent flyer programs, sale offers and ticket price mistakes.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 7:01 am
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Whatever happened to the resolution with regards to the loss of parmesan cheese in the lounge?

I once sent Alex Cruz a PM on one of his social media channels telling him about this forum and highlighted the frequent topics of concern by members.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 7:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by icegirl
I once sent Alex Cruz a PM on one of his social media channels telling him about this forum and highlighted the frequent topics of concern by members.
What happened next ?
Old Dec 4, 2018, 7:18 am
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Originally Posted by subject2load

What happened next ?
I still yet to receive a response. I even left my number so he can call.

Mods: why don't you send a formal invite to BA execs to attend the Christmas drinks?
Old Dec 4, 2018, 7:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, Hertz President's Circle, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
A couple of weeks after complaints went around this forum about Marmite availability, this tub made an appear in the 2 LHR Flounges

(it has mini portions within).

It could be a total coincidence.....
Similar with Parmesan
Old Dec 4, 2018, 7:31 am

Raffles recently had an Iberia ‘loophole’ closed within 12 hours by writing about it. So yes, they do pay attention to what’s written.

That said, I think they maintain an awareness that the vast majority of their customers have no idea this small corner of the internet exists, and try to keep this in perspective.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 7:43 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Parmesan was fixed and seems to be a permanent feature again in GF T5 and T3, I'm pleased to report
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:24 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I long recall that at one time when we had some drama tragedy that had played out in (mostly) the F cabin where someone didn't get a proper munu, had to wait 10 minutes for something or other such tragedies on occasion I used to ask via PM for the details so that I could find out a bitof what had gone on. In 12 years, I had one reply.
Looking at this another way, I once had a terrible F flight that I reported on here. One the BA regulars (I can't recall who it was, but it wasn't you Pucci) contacted me by PM and said they'd investigate. I'm still awaiting the outcome
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:25 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Originally Posted by icegirl
Mods: why don't you send a formal invite to BA execs to attend the Christmas drinks?
Do you think they wish to enter that alcohol-fuelled lion's den?
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:31 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold, Marriott Platinum
I know someone who used to work for BA who said they and their team regularly reviewed FT when working on customer proposals, propositions etc.. Frustration would ensue however when the team would propose new and positive propositions (e.g. free tea/coffee for Exec club members in ET) but frequently had these rejected by Senior Management on cost grounds... So some may be listening/reading however they are powerless to act!
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Absolutely they do read what is going on when it comes to the Internet and comments about them.

Though not FlyerTalk, I also have experience from blogging. I wrote a lukewarm post about my experience in QR's Al Mourjan lounge in Doha and someone shared it on the QR forum on here. Next time I went through the lounge, I was met at the lounge entry by a lounge manager who then, with the staff, proceeded to make sure I had Champagne and tried all the food. A photo was taken of me at the end of it with the staff, clearly to report back that I had been and been given a good time.

The other one, which honestly surprised me, was the fact that I wrote about Boeing and Airbus vying for the Qantas Project Sunrise order. A friend works in Airbus and informed me that my post was circulated around internally by the Marketing team as part of their round up of news.

I've also done things like writing about Aer Lingus having dated crew uniforms and a month or two later they announced they were bringing in new ones. Plus a couple of other things I've pointed out have been changed down the line. Not to say I have any influence, because I am a minor nothing in the grand scheme of blogging, but they do pay attention to what is out there.

I'm firmly in the camp that BA do read and monitor and take on board what happens on FlyerTalk (and around the Internet in general). The reason for this, I believe, is that feedback from a subset of people who use the carrier regularly is perhaps more important than the once a year person complaining about something that they probably contributed to with their own behaviour by not knowing the ropes.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by FlightDetective
I'm firmly in the camp that BA do read and monitor and take on board what happens on FlyerTalk (and around the Internet in general). The reason for this, I believe, is that feedback from a subset of people who use the carrier regularly is perhaps more important than the once a year person complaining about something that they probably contributed to with their own behaviour by not knowing the ropes.
But BA know which travellers use the carrier regularly, so why would they need FT when they know who they are and have direct access?

And what does "contributed to with their own behaviour by not knowing the ropes" mean - what behaviour/ropes am I supposed to know to fly occasionally on BA? Is there some secret code?
PUCCI GALORE and DYKWIA like this.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 11:36 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Looking at this another way, I once had a terrible F flight that I reported on here. One the BA regulars (I can't recall who it was, but it wasn't you Pucci) contacted me by PM and said they'd investigate. I'm still awaiting the outcome
I was anxious that it had been me as I would have come back and said if I could get no further so that at least you would know. I am quite tenacious!
DYKWIA likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by FlightDetective
The reason for this, I believe, is that feedback from a subset of people who use the carrier regularly is perhaps more important than the once a year person complaining about something that they probably contributed to with their own behaviour by not knowing the ropes.
If someone complains how is that their fault? Most complaints are about BA failure rather than due to a passengers behaviour. If BA promise something on the website that isn't delivered then people have a right to complain whether it is their 1st or 100th flight.

If BA fails to communicate things properly with passengers on a whole range of issues then how is that the passengers fault?

For example on baggage BA used to say the CW allowance was 2*23 KG and that regularly generated posts on here because BA phrased the website badly to then say they wouldn't charge if you went over. It now says a plain 32KG so less confusing. But BA was at fault in the first place for not communicating in the first place.

There are all sorts of issues that passengers face and yes some may be the fault of the passenger but most are caused by BA and remember even some of the most frequent posters on here still miss flights or have other problems despite knowing the ropes. I have less sympathy for them than the once a year flier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.