Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

How long does it take for BA to credit tier points and Avios when you fly?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How long does it take for BA to credit tier points and Avios when you fly?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2018, 12:49 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
my BA flights on Wednesday, posted on Friday this week...... and overnight to Saturday morning I became GGL!! Thanks to all on here that shared their time and information. Truly what the internet was invented for by TBL. 300th Post too!

Last edited by wanderingjock; Dec 1, 2018 at 12:52 pm Reason: just noted the post number :)
Old Dec 1, 2018, 3:49 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
The Sunday credit seems to be at around 6pm UK time, whereas other days it's in the morning.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 12:40 am
Original Poster

Thank you very helpful just to let you know that the outward TP and Avios were credited overnight (Sat-Sun) having flown on Thursday am
Old Dec 2, 2018, 2:24 am

Programs: Mucci; BA, LT GGL; QF, platinum; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Just doing a few QF flights to get points for upgrade SYD-HKG in Jan, then back to BA. Was amazed to get off a SYD-BNE flight yesterday and see the points being added to my QF FF account as I was waiting in the lounge for my connecting flight - immediate gratification!!
Old Jan 27, 2019, 2:43 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by bisonrav
The Sunday credit seems to be at around 6pm UK time, whereas other days it's in the morning.
My round trip to London on Friday posted this evening. ^
Old Jan 27, 2019, 3:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
While we’re on the subject of Avios being credited, what about Avis? I am still waiting for my car hire over Christmas to be appear on my account!
Old Nov 10, 2019, 10:12 am

Programs: BA Silver
Spent a few minutes searching for an answer in forums but cannot find a definitive answer - apart from this on BA website:-

You’ll be awarded that status straight away (it can take up to 48 hours to show on your account). It lasts for the rest of your membership year and the full following membership year, unless you reach the next tier in the meantime.

Currently have 580 TP and travelling CE LGW-EDI on Monday 11th Nov, which will put me on 620 TP and Silver Status.

Returning ET EDI-LGW (BA2501 1000) on Wednesday 13th Nov. However if points not showing on my account will I be able to access lounge by showing account details of 580 TP (if TP from Monday not yet posted?) plus outbound CE flight on same ticket ?

I'm sure one of the regulars will be able to answer this. TIA

Last edited by peterinlewesuk; Nov 10, 2019 at 10:13 am Reason: spelling correction
Old Nov 10, 2019, 10:26 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by peterinlewesuk
Spent a few minutes searching for an answer in forums but cannot find a definitive answer - apart from this on BA website:-
Strictly speaking it is unlikely to credit in time, so you wouldn't get lounge access, but if you are very diplomatic with the lounge agents, they may let you in. Is there a POUG showing on the LGW service? There often is, at least in my experience.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 10:38 am

Thanks CWS.
There was an offer showing in App a couple of days ago 'From £59' . But no longer showing. Tried on main website and it quoted £331 (due no doubt to only J/C availability). Think I'll give that a miss. I have an exit row seat in ET and will buy a coffee and sticky bun at airport if not successful in entering lounge.

I shall be super polite/diplomatic on Wednesday at lounge entrance if points not posted in time and try my luck. Hopefully I won't encounter a 'jobsworth'!
Old Nov 10, 2019, 2:17 pm

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
Based on experience of requalifying through to silver then gold over last 4 weeks.

You have a chance of the points showing on the App on the 12tth and status showing as silver on the 13th. Usually before 7am (BA qualifying flights - not other OW)

If I were betting you will likely show as points over 600 but still Bronze on the App!

I noticed that a Friday flight took until Monday to credit. And then the color changed the next day.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 4:01 am

Qualifying flight on 11th. Points showed up on 13th (before 5.45 am) and updated to Silver in App on 14th. App yesterday (13th) showed Silver achieved (but still Bronze colouring) which was enough to get into the Edinburgh Lounge. Very nice lounge apart from no bacon rolls. Didn't try the porridge!

Thanks to Modo and CWS for info - spot on as usual!
Dambus likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 9:46 am

BA First Lounge Access after arriving on qualifying flight

Saw on the post above that some lounge agents may be more flexible than others, does anyone have any recent experience with a scenario similar to below...

Currently at 2 qualifying flights and 860 TP (US Based EC member), will get to 4 qualifying flights and 1110 TP on my outbound July 10th (arriving 11th).
First leg of return flight from CDG-LHR (connecting to US in CW) on July 12th will put me over the qualification threshold, what are the chances that I am able to access LHR Galleries F lounge during my connection as I will have just qualified for Gold on arrival?
Old Apr 18, 2023, 12:10 am

[wrong thread, sorry]
Old Apr 22, 2023, 2:17 pm

Ok, turns out this is the right thread but last post threw me off.

I flew SEA-LHR-PSA a week ago and Avios are not yet posted. Do I need to wait until my return flight to SEA for them to show up?
Old Apr 22, 2023, 2:25 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
If that was BA metal, BA flight numbers (not a codeshare) then a week is getting on a bit. 3 to 5 days is the norm and though sometimes there are IT repairs that seem to block updates, nevertheless I'm not aware of anything at the moment. I would call in at 10 days, and keep your boarding pass safe just in case. They should credit as you go along, you don't need to complete the trip to see the updates.
Markie likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.