Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

How long does it take for BA to credit tier points and Avios when you fly?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2018, 12:15 am
Original Poster

Morning all,

Sorry to ask I flew on BA on Thursday morning and as yet the 40 tier points have not been credited to my account. This seems much slower than usual or am I just being ‘anal’. I fly back tomorrow or will they credit tier points and avios for the whole trip on my return? Many thanks
Old Dec 1, 2018, 12:18 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
The vast majority of mine post 2 days after flying. Sectors are posted separately, not after the last flight is taken.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 12:22 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
In my experience it takes a couple of days after the flight. I think you should see them today or tomorrow at latest.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 12:28 am

Programs: BA Silver
My flights last month appeared after 2 and 3 days.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 12:39 am

BA flights typically credit very quickly, however I have noticed in the last few weeks that CX sectors have been taking much, much longer than usual. I had 6 sectors waiting to credit, 2 of which have just been applied to my account overnight (after claiming missing TPs/Avios). The remaining 4 will likely required retro-claiming also, but I've not got round to it yet. Not sure if anyone has noticed similar, since it is very unusual to see this for CX --> BAEC credits?

(Sorry for taking this thread slightly off-topic, but better in here than starting another thread on the specific CX issue)
Old Dec 1, 2018, 1:09 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
The marketing tends to matter more than the metal. If the fights were marketed and operated by BA, if the flight hasn’t credited this morning it probably won’t until Monday (I rarely see flights credit on Sundays for some reason), and I would expect the Sunday flight to credit on Tue.

If the flights are marketed by another airline, it will vary according to that airline. In particular, IB marketed/ticketed flights on BA metal won’t credit automatically, and will need a retrospective claim.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 1:11 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by rossmacd
BA flights typically credit very quickly, however I have noticed in the last few weeks that CX sectors have been taking much, much longer than usual. I had 6 sectors waiting to credit, 2 of which have just been applied to my account overnight (after claiming missing TPs/Avios). The remaining 4 will likely required retro-claiming also, but I've not got round to it yet. Not sure if anyone has noticed similar, since it is very unusual to see this for CX --> BAEC credits?

(Sorry for taking this thread slightly off-topic, but better in here than starting another thread on the specific CX issue)
My BA trips have been consistently about two days post flight, other carriers are around 4.

Taking the last four trips on each of these carriers my experience this year has been...

CX 1 / 3 / 3 / 5 ( I did have one go 12 days earlier this year and require claiming)
QR 5 / 4 / 4 / 5
BA 2 / 2 / 2 / 2
AY 6 / 6 / 5 / 5
rossmacd and T8191 like this.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 3:32 am

Originally Posted by tinkicker
My BA trips have been consistently about two days post flight, other carriers are around 4.

Taking the last four trips on each of these carriers my experience this year has been...

CX 1 / 3 / 3 / 5 ( I did have one go 12 days earlier this year and require claiming)
QR 5 / 4 / 4 / 5
BA 2 / 2 / 2 / 2
AY 6 / 6 / 5 / 5
Exactly, and this is normally my experience also. My CX flying in Q1 and Q2 this year (didn't fly CX in Q3) were around the normal 3-4 day credit times, but the sectors I've done in the last few weeks (total of 8 I think) have been slow to credit or not credited at all. Only 2 more CX sectors before year end, so hopefully it improves.

For reference, the AA sectors I've had this year usually are 2-3 days and this has been pretty consistent.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 4:17 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
BA services for me are taking 1 to 3 days, but there are occasional outliers, after a week I'd call up.

From a quick check of my CX transactions, the LHR and HKG originating services have credited about 3 days after. However some of those from mainland China. MNL, TPE and RGN have taken up to 3 weeks, crediting on a Wednesday, in line with the manual process used by some QR/UL/S7 services.

However while I was dipping down into my list, I did notice this, I had no idea these were taking so long.

rossmacd likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 9:06 am

Programs: BA Gold
Sorry for slightly OT, but is there a time limit for claiming missing Avios/TP?
Last month flew on IB ticket, outbound IB metal, inbound BA. IB sector credited fine, but BA is missing.
Claim missing Avios page is not accepting my 075 IB ticket number, so I guess will have to email/call. I have exactly the same itinerary in 2 weeks, so would rather claim them both at the same time, but not sure if there is any deadline (can't see anything online).
Old Dec 1, 2018, 9:07 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
I think the limit is 6 months, but I am not 100% sure
APPL likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 9:18 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by APPL
Sorry for slightly OT, but is there a time limit for claiming missing Avios/TP?
Last month flew on IB ticket, outbound IB metal, inbound BA. IB sector credited fine, but BA is missing.
Claim missing Avios page is not accepting my 075 IB ticket number, so I guess will have to email/call. I have exactly the same itinerary in 2 weeks, so would rather claim them both at the same time, but not sure if there is any deadline (can't see anything online).
If it’s an IB 075 ticket, you have to claim it as a BA partner claim, the main missing Avios form only accepts claims on 125 tickets. Just below that on the same page there is a section headed “Other Claims”, one of the options under that is a BA partner claim. You can enter the details via that link and it should work. As I mentioned upthread, IB marketed flights on BA metal don’t credit automatically but I’ve made numerous claims for them using this method and they’ve always credited within 1-2 working days.

If you’ve already tried that and it didn’t work, then I guess you’ll have to call. The deadline for claims on BA flights is 6 months after travel, don’t know if it varies for partner claims.
wanderingjock and APPL like this.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 9:33 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Originally Posted by Oaxaca
The marketing tends to matter more than the metal. If the fights were marketed and operated by BA, if the flight hasn’t credited this morning it probably won’t until Monday (I rarely see flights credit on Sundays for some reason), and I would expect the Sunday flight to credit on Tue.
FYI.
Domestic JAL flights are posted ONLY on Sunday.
For my BA acount, more than 100 JAL flights have been posted, no single exception. (and no mssing claim required at all).

This year, I have credited 6 CX flights to BA.
Flight -> Credit
Thursday -> Tuesday
Friday -> Tuesday
Friday ->Tuesday
Friday ->Tuesday
Saturday ->Tuesday
Saturday ->Tuesday
Old Dec 1, 2018, 11:04 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
I work off off 2-3 days excluding weekends and can't think of a flight that's posted outside of that all year.

Old Dec 1, 2018, 12:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze; ALL Gold
I find for straightforward flights it generally takes a day longer for the inbound to UK flight to credit than the outbound does.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.