Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spend Avios

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2018, 8:12 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Brisbane Road
Just my 2pence but if you have silver/gold status, very rarely would I suggest that business class to a short haul destination in Europe is worth it.
Yep - the only time I'd book or POUG in CE was to ensure that I hit gold. Otherwise there's so little point.

I keep an Avios usage excel to track value, which is based on the maximum that I would have spend in equivalent/similar flights. Typically, if I'm getting less than 1p per point, I'm paying cash. My only exception is the 0.99p per point for SYD-MEL in J - booked for the lie flats on the A330 (which then then subbed out!).
Old Nov 23, 2018, 8:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by Brisbane Road
Just my 2pence but if you have silver/gold status, very rarely would I suggest that business class to a short haul destination in Europe is worth it. Why spend the extra €£ for a one hour hop I don’t really get it personally but of course each to their own.

And in your case, your gold status automatically allows in your missus anyway

Couldn’t agree more - especially where an ultra-short, up & down, sector in CE such as BRU-LHR is concerned !

The very idea of handing over 27K avios (+ €110) for this sort of flight is pretty much the perfect definition of anathema to me (even though I currently have a good stash of avios waiting to be burnt). I just think there are so many better uses (and true benefits) to be had.

All that said, it clearly suited the OP ....... so I guess, ultimately, that’s far more relevant than my own perspective.
T8191 likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 10:59 am

Programs: Mariott SE, HH, SPG SE, LT S, 9W BP
All that said, it clearly suited the OP ....... so I guess, ultimately, that’s far more relevant than my own perspective.
Indeed ! As long as its something the OP values its not a bad use for those Avios

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.