LHR Galleries Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2018, 4:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
LHR Galleries Lounge

Hi

My first time in the above.

Is is there supposed to be hot food available?

Can an I order the BA burger?

Observation....JW Blue to Red is not a soft landing :-)
Old Nov 16, 2018, 4:59 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by RockyRobin
Hi

My first time in the above.

Is is there supposed to be hot food available?

Can an I order the BA burger?

Observation....JW Blue to Red is not a soft landing :-)
Is this the First or Club lounge? If club, then you can't order - the food is a buffet that changes depending on the time of day.

If First, the you'll need to grab an attendant and ask for a menu if there are none out.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 5:01 am
Original Poster

Apologies it’s Club.

There was no hot food out at the counter.

Old Nov 16, 2018, 5:02 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
And the food options, hot and cold, plus timings, can be found in the lounge guide in the Dashboard.
DYKWIA likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 5:08 am
Original Poster

Maybe I was lucky enough out go to hit change on very time?

I will pack up my valuables and trek over again in a mo.

Thanks for the dashboard tip.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 5:21 am
Original Poster

The food is all out now.

The event deep queue for the loo was a novelty.

Im considering offering the bloke sat behind me a napkin to blow his nose.

i think I might be in a bad mood...
KeaneJohn, CloudGazer and Foltan like this.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 5:48 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Assuming you're in T5, if your flight departs from B or C gates you might consider the galleries lounge at B gates. I go there if I'm departing from B gates even though I have gold.
LTN Phobia likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 6:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, BA Amex Premier
I was in the Galleries North lounge yesterday (flying with two family members on J tickets).

It was ghastly, messy, unclean and absolutely rammed. The food offering is far worse than it used to be when I was last silver (3+ years ago). And zero cheese - what is that all about?

In terms of people, I was especially annoyed with the young mother with two young kids who had spread out over a whole section of TEN chairs (I think they seat 5 on each side) while the kids play area and seating 10m away was empty. Then there was another girl, shoes on, asleep across four chairs. No consideration for others is a huge pet peeve for me.

We eventually found 3 seats almost together and huddled round.

It's a disgusting joke of a place and I'm thankful its use is a rare occasion for me.

Last edited by gilfiom; Nov 16, 2018 at 6:03 am Reason: clarity
Old Nov 16, 2018, 6:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Sixt Gold
Originally Posted by RockyRobin

i think I might be in a bad mood...
Nope, you are just in BA biz class lounge. I felt the same.

TBH when I was Silver I only popped by for a glass of water and crisps and then headed to Plane Food for a proper meal and just stayed there to work.

You can ask waiters to bring you a glass of champagne, even though I always felt it was a bit of a pain as you literally have to chase them in the lounge and they are always so busy cleaning up that most of the times I felt guilty asking...
nancypants likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 6:20 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Originally Posted by gilfiom
.......... And zero cheese - what is that all about?...................
You just missed it I reckon....

fluffymitten likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 6:21 am

Programs: BA Silver
Galleries is great for breakfast but to be totally avoided between 12-130pm if at all possible.

A late lunch however is pleasant as the vultures are all fed by then....however the slop buckets do not provide great sustenance and Plane Food is far better as an option.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 6:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
And the food options, hot and cold, plus timings, can be found in the lounge guide in the Dashboard.
I think this needs updating as the timings have been changed since with longer breakfast and hot food all day.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 6:28 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Get thee to the B gates, infinitely preferable lounge experience.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 6:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by gilfiom
I was in the Galleries North lounge yesterday (flying with two family members on J tickets).

It was ghastly, messy, unclean and absolutely rammed. The food offering is far worse than it used to be when I was last silver (3+ years ago). And zero cheese - what is that all about?

In terms of people, I was especially annoyed with the young mother with two young kids who had spread out over a whole section of TEN chairs (I think they seat 5 on each side) while the kids play area and seating 10m away was empty. Then there was another girl, shoes on, asleep across four chairs. No consideration for others is a huge pet peeve for me.

We eventually found 3 seats almost together and huddled round.

It's a disgusting joke of a place and I'm thankful its use is a rare occasion for me.
This is often, sad to say, the harsh reality of life in the Galleries lounges (not just Club but First too) at T5.

Ok, there are also many times of the day when the picture can undoubtedly be a much more pleasant one ; but that’s of little consolation / comfort if you happen to be visiting when the scenario is similar to that described above.

I think this explains why so many of us were bemused to read the post, a little while back, from someone who was seemingly so keen to come up with a scheme to ’enjoy’ almost a whole day in a BA lounge, when not actually intending to fly anywhere.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 8:02 pm

Pretty much all the lounges are getting crowded these days. The only one I had consistently good luck with is the Qantas First lounge in LAX's international terminal. The BA first class lounge in LHR T5 was almost standing room only last week. The only seat available was at the balcony outside.

That said, if you are in LHR T5, it is preferable to go over to the B lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.