Search

No fort lauderdale lounge

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2018, 2:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold IHG Plat SAA Voyager Alaska Airlines
No fort lauderdale lounge

Found ,myself having to fly out of FL

With no lounge at what appears very little facilities at FL do the local BA staff supply vouchers for food and beverages and any advice on how to spend quiet time either air side or land side.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 2:54 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by twoclubs
Found ,myself having to fly out of FL

With no lounge at what appears very little facilities at FL do the local BA staff supply vouchers for food and beverages and any advice on how to spend quiet time either air side or land side.
No lounge is a pain, and BA don't supply vouchers, but there is a reasonable bar/cafe area air side with plenty of space - or at least, that's how we found it in March last year.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 3:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I wouldn't loiter land-side at any US airport - TSA is always a gamble on time so best get air-side soon as you can
RJD1983 likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 1:02 pm

Programs: BA Blue
I agree with Ratypus here... 6 months ago I flew out of LAX, and the security was dreadful. I spent at least 30 minutes queuing in the premium lane... The normal lane would have been quicker. Then they decided to give my bag an extra x-ray (not sure why), and didn't bother to tell me what was happening for 10 minutes... Luckily I arrived with plenty of time.

Gatwick and Heathrow security is much, much better than LAX.
Porky Speedpig likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by RJD1983
Gatwick and Heathrow security is much, much better than LAX.
Security at any UK airport is much, much better than security at any US airport. And I'd include STN and LTN in that.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 2:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
FLL is a cruise port. Depending on the time of day and day of week, the airport can be jammed with cruisers carting enough luggage to sink a ship (but apparently not doing so), jamming checkpoint lines and generally milling about.

There is nothing to do landside, so just head airside, find a place at one of the various pleasant but not fancy food vendors and then wander to your gate.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 5:07 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Global Entry
Avoid the Starbucks near the gates, it might be the worst franchise I've ever been too. Tortuously slow and out of most things. As we got stuck for an extra 60 mins waiting for a storm to pass I had plenty of time to study its many inefficiencies.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 3:59 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH D, QFF, EB
I would definitely go airside asap at FLL. I have found TSA there to be especially poor. I have experienced them deciding to randomly selecting every passengers bags in the queue for additional checks while they had no body willing to do the secondary check. Standing there for over 10 mins waiting for them to finish their break (stood in front of us discussing their plans for the weekend) while on a tight connection due to late inbound was not fun. Especially when all they did was unzip the bag not even look and say all clear.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 4:27 am

Programs: BA Silver IHG Platinum Elite
suspect Pyongyang is better than LAX...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.