Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Checked in but seat not confirmed - what's this?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2018, 2:33 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Today I'm taking my first BA flight in several years (thought I'd give them another try) and it's not going well. I tried online check in and it says this is successful, but it also says "seat not confirmed"...which sounds ominous.
Does that mean I'm taking a CE->ET downgrade? Or kicked off the flight all together?
Old Nov 16, 2018, 2:47 am

Programs: M&M, BA Silver, Accor LeClub Gold
You'd be downgraded before being kicked off. Downgrades and bumps are not as common as people think but if you can say what flight this is I'm sure someone will be able to take a look at the flight loads.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 1:44 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Just to close this off: I was either downgraded or kicked off my previous 3 BA flights before this one...hence my paranoia.
Sure enough, I had been un-checked-in and kicked off. Phoned 'em up and they said it was a computer problem and the flight had plenty of space. Odd. Not unexpected considering the state of BA IT, but odd.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.