Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Question regarding "combine avios" from BA to IB

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2018, 4:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold

I was just on the phone with an agent who said I could not "transfer" avios from BA to IB because I am in a household account and should get out of it in order to do so. I argued that the T&Cs state that "transfer" is from one BA account to another and does not work if in a household, but "combine" is when transferring from BA to IB and specifically states that it works from a household account to an individual account.

Any experience? Before I go changing my BA account I would like to know whether this is in fact the case. A lot of pain for the 1200 avios I am short of an award! Thanks.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 5:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Create an AerClub account, transfer there, then transfer to Iberia.
armouredant likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Thanks! I realized now the reason is probably that my DOB is wrong on my Iberia account and although when I change it and click save it looks like it is updated, in reality it is not. So I probably need to get in touch with them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.