Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Help with BA account -- entering in my AA credentials

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2018, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines

Is it possible to enter my Advantage number (reflecting my emerald status) into the BA account? I have a blue member account already set up. There is a economy saver flight from DFW-LHR this friday night that is available that leaves at 10 PM. As an Emerald I can reserve seats at booking correct? Even bulk head or emergency row? I"ve never been on that dino bird 772 BA flies in coach so I don't know how bad it would be in coach and there isn't an MCE equivalent either.

Thank you.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 6:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
If you make a reservation with BA you will be able to add your AA frequent flyer number to the booking and as emerald reserve a seat for free at any time at or after booking.

I noted you said "BA Account". Did you just mean on BA's systems? Not with a BA Executive Club account?

With a reservation you would have to choose whether to apply your AA or BA frequent flyer number to the booking

Edit:

There is premium economy, a MCE equivalent but it's a separate bookable cabin. Not something you automatically get like MCE and status.

​​​​​
Old Nov 12, 2018, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CloudGazer
If you make a reservation with BA you will be able to add your AA frequent flyer number to the booking and as emerald reserve a seat for free at any time at or after booking.

I noted you said "BA Account". Did you just mean on BA's systems? Not with a BA Executive Club account?

With a reservation you would have to choose whether to apply your AA or BA frequent flyer number to the booking

Edit:

There is premium economy, a MCE equivalent but it's a separate bookable cabin. Not something you automatically get like MCE and status.

​​​​​
Thank you for the info. No, I just created a general (blue member) account.

I wish AA had a way to book into BA's PE section as I'm sure it's a very nice product.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 6:35 pm

You should have two options in terms of booking
- Marketed by BA as a BA numbered flight
- Marketed by AA as an AA numbered codeshare on the same BA flight

With either option you would be able to apply your AA frequent flyer number

With the former you would be able to book into PE
Old Nov 12, 2018, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CloudGazer
You should have two options in terms of booking
- Marketed by BA as a BA numbered flight
- Marketed by AA as an AA numbered codeshare on the same BA flight

With either option you would be able to apply your AA frequent flyer number

With the former you would be able to book into PE
It’s an award ticket being booked via aa.com so only regular economy is available.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by enviroian
It’s an award ticket being booked via aa.com so only regular economy is available.
Aha - I'd assumed that "economy saver" was the basic BA fare equivalent rather than the MileSAAver reward fare.

In which case...

Is it possible to enter my Advantage number (reflecting my emerald status) into the BA account? I have a blue member account already set up.
Whether you book the reward flight via AA or BA I believe you can apply your AAdvantage Platinum FF number to the booking into the FQTV field.

I don't think a BAEC Blue account would help you at all, unless it was what you were using to book the reward flight with.

As an Emerald I can reserve seats at booking correct?
Yes

Even bulk head or emergency row?
Yes. Some bulkheads are held back for families travelling with infants and released close to check-in time but as Emerald you should have access to a decent selection, demand permitting.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
If it's an award ticket, then forget the BA Blue account completely. In fact, do whatever you can to avoid that account number becoming associated with the booking. You want to make sure that your AA number with the EXP/Emerald status is in the booking (which it probably will be if that's the account from which the miles came to make the award booking) is the only frequent flyer number of yours that's in the booking. And then all of the Emerald benefits should flow automatically.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.