Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying Start TV Advert

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2018, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Flying Start TV Advert

Just seen the new Flying Start BA advert staring Matt Lucas, and wonder what people’s thoughts are.

For those who haven’t seen itv it can be found on BA’s YouTube channel
Old Nov 11, 2018, 3:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
I’d seen it on the tv but not with the sound so thanks for sharing.

I’m not sure what it’s purpose is, bringing the scheme to the awareness of passengers or saying thank you.. if the latter that could have been done better IMO.

I will put any loose change If I have any in an envelope though there are times when I do thst there’s no announcement or bag and times when they do announce it and come through the cabin with a bag I don’t have any change.

I know now a lot of BA staff are passionate about Flying Start. There is currently a 747 FO, couple of cabin crew and 1 ground staff in Atlanta having competed in the 24 Hiur Worlds Toughest Mudder I genuinely would be interested in that and indeed will be donating all my tail delay repay to them for the last 11 months. Also, I recall cabin crew pushing trolleys around the sights of London based on the Minopoly Board, Again, if that was highlighted by BA I would support that some way so think BA could do a bit more sometimes without overkill.

I do think however with Children in Need this week and the public getting ready/sick of the Christmas adverts I do think the timing of this would have been better after Christmas in the run up to Comic Reliief in March 2019
Old Nov 11, 2018, 3:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I read in the inflight magazine that donations to Flying Start had increased by 20% since the new safety video was introduced. BA doesn't get things right all of the time, but I applaud them for their Flying Start initiative.
KeaneJohn likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Forgive me for being sceptical as it is a worthy cause (as no doubt are so many others) but I would be more impressed if they just gave the twenty million Pounds to Comic Relief (drop in the ocean for BA) and did not tell anyone about it, save perhaps for a reference in the annual accounts.

Last edited by Sixth Freedom; Nov 11, 2018 at 5:14 pm
Old Nov 11, 2018, 10:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
Forgive me for being sceptical as it is a worthy cause (as no doubt are so many others) but I would be more impressed if they just gave the twenty million Pounds to Comic Relief (drop in the ocean for BA) and did not tell anyone about it, save perhaps for a reference in the annual accounts.

This is from the passengers and staff though not a corporate donation and as I said before staff are passionate about this. You wouldn’t be up for 24 hours running through extreme obstacles in the cold if you weren’t passionate about this.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 2:21 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Good timing considering the Flying Start Reception this coming Thursday evening.

M
Old Nov 14, 2018, 4:47 am

On a recent flight I was informed Flying Start had raised £20 million in 8 years. That's 8 years of haranguing passengers with onboard announcements and videos. BA tout it as a great achievement, but they could simply have left their passengers alone for 8 years and donated 0.5% or whatever of their profits for that period. When you add up all the time and effort spent raising that £20 million this would have been a better solution by any measure.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 4:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by bioblot
On a recent flight I was informed Flying Start had raised £20 million in 8 years. That's 8 years of haranguing passengers with onboard announcements and videos. BA tout it as a great achievement, but they could simply have left their passengers alone for 8 years and donated 0.5% or whatever of their profits for that period. When you add up all the time and effort spent raising that £20 million this would have been a better solution by any measure.
Could be worse. They could be pushing credit cards as on every single AA flight

Anyway, caught the advert on tv last night, and whilst a similar scenario to Rowan Atkinson in the first safety video, it's far less nauseating than the latest BA safety video. That said, once may well be enough.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I apologise to BA, but I don’t go around with loose change. And I hate chugging to a captive audience. Sorry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.