Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

7 Nov : Disruption at LHR - runway lighting failure

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

7 Nov : Disruption at LHR - runway lighting failure

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2018, 4:26 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
There is more to do at home; round-trip loaded items need to be reloaded, more cleaning (... in theory), and slightly more aircraft checks.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 8:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Looks like @dylanks has just landed aboard BA288. Best of luck with the transfer.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 8:44 am

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by TedToToe
Looks like @dylanks has just landed aboard BA288. Best of luck with the transfer.
We landed with what should have been enough time, but now we’ve been waiting on a stand to open up for 20 minutes and counting.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 8:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, FB Gold
Originally Posted by denhaagflyer
Thanks for checking my math 2.5 hrs seems actually ok for turnaound.. that is more than would be usual for outstations
well, as I have to be in JNB at 6 am, BA was nice enough to transfer me to VS. currently in T3 clubhouse waiting for boarding - hope that flight will get me to JNB in time. Seems that BA 51 is delayed further. Big kudos for BA staff in T5 for allowing me to transfer....
Old Nov 7, 2018, 10:21 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
As a quick update, we ended up on a flight to AMS 90 minutes later than our original flight. I’ve never seen BA be so efficient and organized in IRROPS and it wasn’t because of status. At the top of the gate two agents were waiting at a table with about 30 sets of boarding passes printed out for passengers who had missed their connection. Within a minute we were on our way, and had the same seats on the new flight (not sure if someone was displaced to make room for us, but one passenger was complaining about a downgrade from CE).

I also had a nice email from the GGL team upon arrival. Obviously that is not something everyone would have received.
T8191 and TedToToe like this.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 3:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
@dylanks, glad it worked out well. From what I could see*, the effect of the delayed take-offs meant that BA flights from DEN, MIA, LAS and YVR were all in the Ockham and Bovingdon stacks at the same time as you, all needing gates at T3 on arrival. They were out of gates when you landed.

*killing time in the Galleries on FR24!
dylanks likes this.

Last edited by TedToToe; Nov 8, 2018 at 5:17 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.