Wiki Posts
Search

Piano in The CCR

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2018, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF, BA, VA
Piano in The CCR

I know the piano has been in the CCR for a while but there always seemed to be a set of headphones for the budding Mrs Mills (Teenagers you will need to google that reference!) Tonight an aspiring Russ Conway (teenagers you know the drill) is battering the ivories for all to hear, is this a new feature to reduce crowding.

To be fair the chap can play a bit but I must admit I am not keen on the intrusion, Half Man Half Biscuit through the old Bose QC35's is barely keeping the racket out!!!!
endoman and Crampedin13A like this.

Last edited by TonyHancock; Oct 29, 2018 at 11:46 am
Old Oct 29, 2018, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
staff should have done something to stop the noise intrusion and make him use the headphones ot turn it off.

However well the guy can play it's not acceptable to have this inflicted on other people.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 11:55 am
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by TonyHancock
I know the piano has been in the CCR for a while but there always seemed to be a set of headphones for the budding Mrs Mills (Teenagers you will need to google that reference!) Tonight an aspiring Russ Conway (teenagers you know the drill) is battering the ivories for all to hear, is this a new feature to reduce crowding.

To be fair the chap can play a bit but I must admit I am not keen on the intrusion, Half Man Half Biscuit through the old Bose QC35's is barely keeping the racket out!!!!
Recent experience is that it drowns out insipid self important phone calls, morons on FaceTime for all to hear and much else very effectively.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 11:58 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
There has been some discussion of the piano in the CCR thread aleady. They have had some proper piano players in to play occasionally, and very good they have been too.

It can obviously be programmed to self play, and even play non piano music. I did once turn it down when someone had clearly set the volume too high whilst it was playing something by some popular beat combo. Otherwise I can’t say it has been intrusive or disruptive to the usual ambiance
Old Oct 29, 2018, 12:02 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Bury it in Dukla Prague away kits innit
Old Oct 29, 2018, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
staff should have done something to stop the noise intrusion and make him use the headphones ot turn it off.

However well the guy can play it's not acceptable to have this inflicted on other people.
There is a sign on the piano inviting guests to play it, and headphones are usually disconnected.
ahmetdouas likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 1:29 pm

Programs: Qatar, Turkish, Aeroflot
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear

Even if it was a Trinity College/Royal College/Academy of Music/Guildhall School of Music and Drama trained classical pianist effortlessly playing a spot of Liszt or Beethoven or Bach? I'd have that any day over anyone else.
Gerbs, SK and Oncewild like this.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 1:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Never thought I would hear HMHB discussed in the CCR. Let’s hope there’s not a riot down in Heathrow tonight
TonyHancock and Crampedin13A like this.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 3:40 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
If there is a piano in the lounge, the point is for someone to play it? BA should pay whoever visits and plays it well!

If they are truly awful they can always get 'downgraded' to Galleries First!
Old Oct 29, 2018, 3:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by endoman
Never thought I would hear HMHB discussed in the CCR. Let’s hope there’s not a riot down in Heathrow tonight
Never thought I'd see Russ Conway get a mention on here....he must have popped his ivories years ago.
TonyHancock likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 3:43 pm

Free to use pianos are catching on. There is one at Marylebone Station and it’s nice when someone uses it.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 3:48 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Greenpen
Free to use pianos are catching on. There is one at Marylebone Station and it’s nice when someone uses it.
They are a pain the arse. Most of the time it's kids just making a racket.
HIDDY and Crampedin13A like this.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 4:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Gotta love the tailored ads here on FT.

Learn Easy Songs on Piano has just popped up at the top of this thread page ......
Old Oct 29, 2018, 4:45 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
They are a pain the arse. Most of the time it's kids just making a racket.
Are you describing my house or the CCR?
Old Oct 29, 2018, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by flying_pig

There is a sign on the piano inviting guests to play it, and headphones are usually disconnected.
I just couldn't do that. I'm sitting in front of a piano often for long hours, so the last thing I want to do is sit down in some lounge and play, It's really irritating when non musical friends try to badger me into doing it. I actually think it would be ok if you played something like Clair de Lune, or the slow movement of a Beethoven sonata, or even something mellow that is non classical. But I am also very much up for peace and quiet in lounges. For the plonkers on mobile phone calls, I recommend the first few bars of the Boulez Piano Sonata played at full volume (it starts getting juicy around 4:40):

ilcannone likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.